Kawasaki JS 440 Performance parts?

Hey,
    I aquired a Kawasaki JS 440 and I wanted to work on it for a summer project. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or companies that cold performace parts for it?

Thanks guys!!!

JS parts

You might find some used parts laying around, but you would probably be better off putting a 550 engine in it. The 550s are more common and just about everybody had one back in the day. Ebay has quite a few parts for them at times.
    I'm thinking about parting mine out soon... (brand new zero hours on the fully built engine)

Quote Originally Posted by shaginwagon13 View Post
    Hey,
    I aquired a Kawasaki JS 440 and I wanted to work on it for a summer project. I was wondering if anyone knew of any websites or companies that cold performace parts for it?

Thanks guys!!!

used parts is the way to go... those old clankers dont have people making new parts for them anymore... though Ocean Pro might start doing heads again according to pwctoday.com

i can give advice but as far as parts... i agree with dropping in either a reed motor 550 or trying to do a conversion like me and plop in a 650/750 motor.

basics start with rideplate, intake grate, spark arrestor, then you move into a rebuild involving:

milled head

overbored pistons

new carbs (upgraded)

angled intakes *such as B.C.W.*

exhaust pipe (west coast kerker coffman etc.)

dual cooling

new impeller

jet nozzle *for a 440 i say 100% get the after burner jetnozzle/pump from O.P. (ocean pro)*

and then you can go crazy with nos systems

higher end fuel

high torque starters *needed for higher end compression after doing heads and over boring etc.*

then id say just do cosmetic work... paint handlebars.... making it a lanyard ski

etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Mochanic View Post
    You might find some used parts laying around, but you would probably be better off putting a 550 engine in it. The 550s are more common and just about everybody had one back in the day. Ebay has quite a few parts for them at times.
    I'm thinking about parting mine out soon... (brand new zero hours on the fully built engine)
    if you sell your engine how much would you be looking to get for it??

Kawa 550

I have a 550 with a jetsport head, exhaust, intake, etc.. Where can I get a high torque starter.. Any idea on price?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gvnitup View Post
    I have a 550 with a jetsport head, exhaust, intake, etc.. Where can I get a high torque starter.. Any idea on price?

Use a seadoo starter, it has the same torque but spins faster and will last longer.

starter

Any special year or make? Will this make up for the extra 50 lbs of compression? I am thinking of just installing a stock head..

Thread Information