Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question 2003 GTX Limited low oil pressure

The other day the oil warning light came on. After I shut it down and checked the oil level, which was fine, and restarted it it was fine all day.

According to what i read on the forum the pressure switchs are prone to failure on this model. I understand there are two of them. Can anyone tell me where to find them on the engine?

Thanks,
    Chuck

Ps,
    I also have a 2006 RXT. Are the switches in this model prone to failure too?

+1
    welcome to the forum

I just replaced both of mine. Easy to do. One is located on the front of the motor just under the TOPS. The tops is the connector just by your oil cap. The oil pressure switch is below that near the lower front of the motor. I used an open end wrench to unscrew this one after the connector was removed.

The other oil pressure switch is under the intake manifold. You can easily get to it by removing the 4 bolts on your throttle body and it will be right there. A long 13/16" socket will remove it after you unplug it.

Also do some research on the forum using our search tool. Type in P1202 or 1202 and several searches will come up over that service code you got. I hear it is more common on the 2003-2005 4-tec motors, but anything can fail....

Part number 31 is the rear oil pressure switch

Click on pics to enlarge
    Part number 17 is the front oil pressure switch

+1
    You deserve a pat on the back Billie. That is outstanding customer service, and chucks not even your customer! This forum rocks because of people like yourself.

OBJ

4. +1 by:

Thanks RX951 for the detailed and quick reply, really appreciate it. I can see this forum does rock and with 2 of these skis i hope to use the forum for answers to questions and to contribute my experience.

RX951, o you sell these switches, if so what is the price for them shipped to 98828?

+1
    I don't sell these switches. I am just a forum member like you , but there is an online OEM parts finder that will allow you to order these switches from this forum. They are like 25 and 26 dollars each.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....artsfinder.htm

+1
    Billie, The sensor under the intake mani is a 13/16" ??? I thought everything was metric on these skis. Maybe the sensor is American-made? --J

Thanks, will check out the web site.
    Chuck

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    Billie, The sensor under the intake mani is a 13/16" ??? I thought everything was metric on these skis. Maybe the sensor is American-made? --J
    My 13/16" ft perfect. I know, I would have thought as well. The sensors are made in Italy too. If you guys see anything different in socket size, post it. This is what fit on my repair. and it fit perfect.

+1
    my oil light comes on every now and then also, happens when im jumping or playing around, just let off the gas, idle for a sec and it goes away, its just oil escaping the sensors path... no worries

PS, except the last time when my oil pressure gauge line broke and dumped 3.5 quarts of oil into the engine bay

Are you seeing "OIL" on the display or "CHK ENG?" If you're seeing OIL, then low oil pressure is being detected, and you may have some internal problems, be low on oil, or the oil you are running is too thin. If you're seeing CHK ENG and get a code that refers to the sensor, then change the sensor. I was getting CHK ENG and went into limp mode and got an alarm every 5 minutes. The front sensor cleared that up... Ron
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information