+1

Other than water ingestion what might cause water in the air intake?

Whilst stripping down my '04 RXP I noticed the intake pipe after the SC was slightly wet inside, also the the throttle butterfly is rusty, looks like it's due to sea water (picture below). Is this down to previous water ingestion or is there any other way water can get into the intake system (eg. intercooler)?

Keen to find and fix the problem.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	butterfly.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	432.5 KB 
ID:	135572  

Quote Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
    Whilst stripping down my '04 RXP I noticed the intake pipe after the SC was slightly wet inside, also the the throttle butterfly is rusty, looks like it's due to sea water (picture below). Is this down to previous water ingestion or is there any other way water can get into the intake system (eg. intercooler)?

Keen to find and fix the problem.
    The air we breath is part water in substance. Moisture in the pipes is a source of H2O. In your case, I see you ride offshore. The white stuff in the throttle body is Crystallized salt in dry form. You need to install the fogging part from Jerry's online store. Here's what I did to mine. coat the throttle body with a thin film of grease, including the butterfly, always spray lubricant and fog your engine after a ride. if your throttle body looks like that I bet ya your Super charger looks like this......
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family 088.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	135577   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	family 095.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	135578  

+1
    Thanks, not sure what you mean by fogging part (I did a search for fogging but couldn't find anything). I do have the Riva modified air intake (there's like a mesh bag over the air filter). Anyone know a way of cleaning up the throttle butterfly? Looks like I'll have trouble removing those screws and I bet I'll struggle to find replacement ones.

Quote Originally Posted by ubernoob View Post
    Thanks, not sure what you mean by fogging part (I did a search for fogging but couldn't find anything). I do have the Riva modified air intake (there's like a mesh bag over the air filter).

I'll take the SC off today and have a look.
    The fogging part is from an '05 RXT standard OEM part, I believed it will fit the '04 RXP. it's on my shopping list. it goes on the throttle body. I have the part # somewhere, I think my good buddy Beerdart posted that # somewhere I rde Offshore, so I know what's going on your ski. I have a 2004 RXP stock with 200+ hours on it

Nonstop, all day, everyday. 01xdime's Avatar
    +1
    Leaking intercooler?

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    What intercooler do you have? Might want to pressure test it to make sure it doesn't have a pin hole leak. I think Jammer is right though. Since you installed the Riva intake you don't have the blow by junk oiling the metal intake parts anymore. No big deal on fresh water ski's but salt riders need to take extra steps. Get some fluid film and coat the throttle body and SC internals real good.

Thread Information