Thread: impeller ?

impeller ?

hi. I suck up same rocks and damage my impeller a little bit, do any body have a recomendation on which impeller will work the best on my ski [08 ultra 250x 16hrs, riva ride plate, timing advance 6 degree, and 2 degree pump wedge]i am looking for the best top end and a good shot out of the hole. thanks for any advise.

Banned User
    there are only two impeller which are O.K.

stock and solas.

stock for hock up
    solas for top speed

Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post
    hi. I suck up same rocks and damage my impeller a little bit, do any body have a recomendation on which impeller will work the best on my ski [08 ultra 250x 16hrs, riva ride plate, timing advance 6 degree, and 2 degree pump wedge]i am looking for the best top end and a good shot out of the hole. thanks for any advise.

what pitch??

jUST SAY NO TO SOLAS

I just modified mine and added a Solas 16/21 concord impeller. I'm not happy with the results. Out of the hole it's like a transmission slip for about 1/2 a second before hooking up. I also seem to have problems getting enough water to it a slow tight turns and keep banging my rev limiter.

My mods were 1 deg wedge, R&D intake grate, and the Solas impeller. See my thread, I'm hoping for a good suggestion too. The 250 prop is suppose to give you more of a hole shot and hook-up, but slower topend. There are several post here about a company that will modify your prop (I forget the name) and alot of people say its a great mod.

BTW, did you check your pump? I did the same thing and had to replace my pump too.... sucks!

I'm researching the swirl prop by skat-trak now... anyone have experience with that?

+1
    skat 12/20 for acceleration, stock for everything else. solas not worth the loss in take off.

YEP solas sucks out of the hole,good for top end.
    Stock is still a good all round prop.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by pasek74 View Post

the prop can sometimes be repaired if its only damaged a bit just file the edges smooth again .

Thread Information