Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

03 xpdi hoses on engine at a loss...

There's 2 nipples on the top of the oil resivour tank...They sit one on top of the other.

One line goes to the throttle body

The other line says underneath the motor right behind or infront of the air compessor. Well the only line under the motor on the (right side if sitting on the machine) its a 3/8s line and it spits out water to the outside of the boat.

Where does the line go from the oil tank to where? I'm looking right at the book right now and there's no way such a small hose is going to fit on that nipple under the motor.

I'm talking about the lines on top of the oil tank not the bottom|!!!

Another new problem!!!........................................ ............................

Machine runs for 20mins no problem then goes into limp mode, beeping , MAIT light flashing and MAIT word flashing at me...If I pull the teather the boat is completly dead which I did in the lake and ended up having to be towed. The boat will have no power. Pull the boat on the trailer wait 30-40mins and the DI will start right up and act like no problems at all. When the machine first starts up after sitting the VTS icon goes up and down and bunch of times but the motor for the VTS doesn't move.

Machine was thrown on the DIAG machine within an hour of the issue and no codes came up. Another mistery problem.

+1
    There is a little fitting that is the oil return line for the air compressor. That large nipple you are finding is the case cooler. You need to look closer to the bottom of the compressor, that is where it is.

Okay so the line goes to the compressor...

I worked on the machine with the tech for 4 hours and were were going through the hoses one by one and this line we knew went near the compressor but couldn't find where.

I know one of the lines we installed to the compressor only goes up 7 inches or so to the (green module thing) Can't remember the name.

The tech book also shows only one waterline is spose to be going out of the boat near the oil tank...Well I have 2 lines.

I am far away from my boat and after the MAIT light started to coming on I left the machine and just came home. I will be heading back there in a week or so. I will see if i can find the nipple on the compressor but 4 hours later we couldn't...Where abouts is it on the compessor? Because there's one towards the gas tank and that line is installed and heading somewhere else.

Would this hose activate a MAIT light if not installed?

+1
    Should not turn on light.

That fitting is well up under the engine. Look at the parts diagram for the oil injection system and I think you will see it. I put that one on before the engine goes all the way in. I am not sure how hard it would be to do with it on the mounts but my guess is pretty dang hard.

Try this link. It seems that the earlier DI diagrams do not tell the whole story. There is no oil line to the front of the cases. The three off the pump go to the two case injectors and the air pump. The return line goes from the fitting on the bottom of the compressor to the oil tank. The other line to the tank should be a breather line and I do not remeber it going to the throttle bodies but maybe it does.

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=115&B=9

the line that goes from the throttle body to the top of the oil tank creates a slight vacuum to draw the oil out of the fitting on the bottom of the compressor

Number 44 is the nipple and thats a horrible hose!!!! I did get that one on but the problem is this....

That number 44 is a nipple which spits out hot water now why does it show on the micro its spose to be hooked up to the oil tank???

That makes no sense...This hose used to go to the outside of the hull but the tech showed me the DI tech book and that line is spose to go to the oil tank.

+1
    A terrible hose? What, did it beat someone up?

Anyway, there is a water outlet fitting back there that is supposed to connect to a hose that goes overboard. The oil return fitting is underneath the CB shaft. You can not take these diagrams to be like maps. They do not draw stuff exactly the way it is supposed to be.

Use some logic (and tell your buddy this too, trust me, if he had ever worked on a DI before he would know this fitting because it is such a pain). No one, and I mean not even Wet Jet would run a water line TOO the oil tank.

The Tech just called me and they said they can't find where it goes.

The shop has 3 hours on the clock trying to find this nipple so thats $109 x 3 hrs plus taxes for something that isn't fixed. Tech said that hose wouldn't set off a MAIT light. Caping it off.

Their throwing it on the DIAG machine to see what is setting it off.

The tech DI book shows only 1 hose goes overboard and on my boat there's 2...One from on top of the pipe goes overboard and the hose from underneath the engine goes overboard.

+1
    I had to unbolt the motor, jack it up and roll it over to the left just to get a mirror down there to see the nipple. Trust me its there. Just finnished a complete rebuilt on my XP DI only to find out it has a bad MPEM.

I can't believe you are still messing with this ski. I read all your post on www.sea-doo.net and that was a while back. Got any spare MPEM's?

next time on all di's
    get yourself a joining fitting and cut that line in a spot thats easy to get to then you can connect that hose before you drop the engine in then join it back up after its in, every time i used to do a di I would say to myself "dont forge the stuff underneath" but always forget when you get the motor down in there and other things are going through your head

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information