Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: 09 fzr

  1. #1
    bm27's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    howell nj
    Posts
    497

    09 fzr

    i have a fzr with riva exhayust riva air intake riva manifold rd powershot rd intake grate rd c-3 wheel 13/24 prop and turbosmart bovs


    i used to not have the bovs and had the c1-11 wheel 13/23 prop
    my problem is my ski gpsed at 71.4 this way now with the new set up it was 70
    running at 7700 rpms
    could the bovs by setup wrong and robbing power i step up the sc wheel and prop and went backwards any ideas or help thanks


  2. #2
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by bm27 View Post
    i have a fzr with riva exhayust riva air intake riva manifold rd powershot rd intake grate rd c-3 wheel 13/24 prop and turbosmart bovs


    i used to not have the bovs and had the c1-11 wheel 13/23 prop
    my problem is my ski gpsed at 71.4 this way now with the new set up it was 70
    running at 7700 rpms
    could the bovs by setup wrong and robbing power i step up the sc wheel and prop and went backwards any ideas or help thanks
    hmmm..was there any current where you did the gps runs before and this time? how does it feel any differnt after the new wheel? with all my mods the best run was 70.2 mph but mostly 69 mph range i gues that aint to bad u should be around 73-74mph

  3. #3
    R rated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Bayville NJ
    Posts
    502
    +1
    8
    We need to tune that ski and water test it and check the AFR . need to get it over 74 asap

  4. #4
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    rudy,is there any tuning that should be done on my ski and check the air/fuel?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    melrose ma
    Posts
    411
    i think it's the powershot...jerry helped someone out with his powershot....might have been a small defect or a small mistake in the wireing)....but i think you should be seeing at least 75-76 mph with that setup.....mho. i'm looking to the exact same thing as you on my fzs so i'm verry interested in the results...... have you thought about an intercooler??? from what i hear...rudy is great and will find the solution and make that ski fly

  6. #6
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by R rated View Post
    We need to tune that ski and water test it and check the AFR . need to get it over 74 asap
    Check his exhaust gaskets lol. Dosent the controller come pre-set from R&D?

    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    rudy,is there any tuning that should be done on my ski and check the air/fuel?
    Do you run the fuel controller?

  7. #7
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    Check his exhaust gaskets lol. Dosent the controller come pre-set from R&D?



    Do you run the fuel controller?
    yea i got the fuel controller

  8. #8
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    yea i got the fuel controller
    What are the settings? This way BM can compare to yours.

  9. #9
    Live Fast wave15stx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new jersey
    Posts
    2,214
    +1
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by BluUltra250x View Post
    What are the settings? This way BM can compare to yours.
    im not sure i had rudy set it up

  10. #10
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    im not sure i had rudy set it up
    Review this and see if you can check the settings.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. FS 09 FZR F/S
    By JimC in forum Yamaha 4 Stroke Skis
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-24-2010, 02:41 PM
  2. Question about dealer incentives on remaining 09 FZR/S
    By Kelly_A in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-06-2009, 10:22 PM
  3. 09 FZR for Yamaha newbie
    By PETRUS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 03:38 PM
  4. 09 FZR vs 08 RXTX : which do I buy?
    By PETRUS in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 04-20-2009, 01:22 AM
  5. 09 FZR acceleration testing results
    By Green Hulk in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 03-10-2009, 07:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •