Thread: advice needed!!

advice needed!!

should i get a 2003 SEA DOO/BOMBARDIER GTX 4-TEC SUPERCHGD LTD?

how are they as far as reliability. this one has 52 hrs on it and he has the maintenance records. it come with a trailer and the cover for it, it also has a rear boarding step. he is asking $4000.00. what do you guys think? do these seadoos have a lot of problems? do they have problems with the supercharge? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by airmanjun10 View Post
    should i get a 2003 SEA DOO/BOMBARDIER GTX 4-TEC SUPERCHGD LTD?

how are they as far as reliability. this one has 52 hrs on it and he has the maintenance records. it come with a trailer and the cover for it, it also has a rear boarding step. he is asking $4000.00. what do you guys think? do these seadoos have a lot of problems? do they have problems with the supercharge? any advice would be greatly appreciated. thank you...
    it all depends on what you want it for, if its the 185hp you can nail it, you wont get ceramic failure from the supercharcer cos 185s had harder washers, hope you buy the thing cos life is for living not talking about, enjoy whilst u can, regards bill

+1
    not alot of problems, it is not plagued by the ceramic washer failures. if the SC ever slips, you just need to pull the SC and get an 08 rebuild kit done to it. so not as bad as the 04-07 skis with ceramic washers that would desintigrate and necessitate a full engine cleaning.
    the 185 is not as fast and hard acceleration as the 215 or 255 hp skis, but it is still plenty fun.
    only other weak spot is the pump, the plastic housing that surrounds the impeller. if it has not already been upgraded to an aluminum pump, the plastic housing tends to flex, and wear out the wear rings prematurely, 25 -50 hrs...
    so either get comfortable changing the wear ring yourself, it is actually easy, of find a used aluminum housing from any 2004 to 2007 215 hp ski, and you can exchange it to solve the problem. should only cost 250-300 to get a used housing.
    stock they run about 61, basic mods 65mph. som have really upgraded performance and are on par with the 215 hp skis and beyond, but really not worth doing that, enjoy the stock ski, or just buy a 215hp...
    i have a 2003 GTX SC, no problems to report, lots of basic mods, so if you got any questions just ask. several others on here are also real familiar with the 185.
    its a 3 seater, do you plan on riding alot with passengers?? or alone?
    cuz if its really just for you, then i would look for a RXP 2004 or 2005, wont be much more money than that...

Great price for a 53 hour ride with trailer and cover (this model has all the bells and whisles which are fun). I have one just like it and it has out lasted both the 04 RXP and 05 RXP I own. In fact when they broke it towed me home both times. I bought it used with 68 hrs from a shop in New Jersy and it was ocean riden and not well maintained. But, I cleaned it up and did some maintance and it has not failed yet. They are good rides with no mods and easy to maintain yourself. If I did not already own four I would consider buying it. The only mods I did to mine was: new grate, impleller, 2 degree wedge, installed a Riva power intake, and I replaced the ECU with a O4 RXP ECU. It now has a great hole shot and a OK top end at ~65 on a good day. Modded or unmodded it is a great touring ride. It is big and comfortable for two people and can carry alot of junk. As Jim Cramer on Mad Money says...buy buy buy. I hope this helps. Gerald

Thread Information