Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

04 GTX sc hesitation...just had jerry rebuild sc?

bought an 04 gtx supercharged. took it out the first time and it ran bad. it would pull hard then fall on its face. the rpm were inconsistant and the speed was in the 40's. done some research and was directed here where it was learned how often the supercharger on the 04 model goes out. the symptoms the ski was having matched the symptoms of a supercharger going out so i pulled it and sent it to jerry for the full rebuild. it was back in a week and i put it back in the lake today but it still ran the same. if the throttle is mashed it may jump up and go but then the rpm just fall to ~5500 and the speed is very unimpressive. any ideas? do these models have fuel delivery issues? thanks

How many psi is the SC putting out? How old is the gas? Have you changed the plugs? What's the compression in each cylinder?... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyrick View Post
    bought an 04 gtx supercharged. took it out the first time and it ran bad. it would pull hard then fall on its face. the rpm were inconsistant and the speed was in the 40's. done some research and was directed here where it was learned how often the supercharger on the 04 model goes out. the symptoms the ski was having matched the symptoms of a supercharger going out so i pulled it and sent it to jerry for the full rebuild. it was back in a week and i put it back in the lake today but it still ran the same. if the throttle is mashed it may jump up and go but then the rpm just fall to ~5500 and the speed is very unimpressive. any ideas? do these models have fuel delivery issues? thanks
    welcome to the forum, if you want speed or just chat, this is the site, you will gain alot of knowlage from this site, so i hope you'll find the answers to your questions, regards a seadoo hector

+1
    Check the coil packs on the spark plugs and the plugs themselves.

+1
    sooooo, were the ceramic washers bad or not?? any other damage to the SC??
    any codes?
    sounds like bad gas, or bad spark plugs, but you need to find out what happened to the ceramic washers before you assume its fixed.
    oil pumps could be clogged with ceramic bits.
    pump out gas and use it in your lawnmower. change the spark plugs, add 6 gallons of gas and 6 ounces of techron fuel system cleaner.
    then go burn off the 6 gallons. this should clean up your fuel injectors and fuel lines, top off tank when you are done burning off the 6 gallons.
    dont leave the techron mix in the tank it can attack the plastic fuel tank. dilute it with a full tank.
    but before you do all that find out what happened to the SC washers!!!!!

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    How many psi is the SC putting out? How old is the gas? Have you changed the plugs? What's the compression in each cylinder?... Ron

Had the same issue, checked the plugs...they were bad. Gas was bad...

Changed both, responded immediately. Also, make sure the plug boots are ABSOLUTELY pushed down all the way...there should be no gap between the engine top cover and the rubber ring boot on the plug boot.

thanks for the replies guys...i will check it out a bit more tomorrow. which plugs do you guys recommend and what gap? i also have a 01 xp so in comparison how well should this thing run....top speed wise...cause right now i dont know if it will do 45....

+1
    First things I would check is boost leak or exhaust leak ... either one will kill performance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jwyrick View Post
    thanks for the replies guys...i will check it out a bit more tomorrow. which plugs do you guys recommend and what gap? i also have a 01 xp so in comparison how well should this thing run....top speed wise...cause right now i dont know if it will do 45....
    Welcome to the forum!

You need to find your issue and get rpms up to 7,600 rpm and you will be doing way more then 45 mph.

Good Luck!!

+1
    I would start by changing your spark plugs.

good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information