99 GP1200 water outlet problem

I took my skis out for the first time today; they're my first. The 97 WaveVenture 1100 ran extremely well, however I don't know if I have a problem with the 99 GP1200. It ran fine however it didn't shoot any water out of the stern water outlet like the WaveVenture did. Water was flowing well out of the cooling water pilot outlet on the port side. When I started the skis last month after sitting for the winter I had to clear a bees nest out of the cooling water pilot outlet. I'll look into this as a possibility although I doubt it's the cause as the WaveVenture had about a 6-8 foot stream coming out and I'm sure any blockage would have been blown out. Am I correct in assuming there should be a strong stream shooting into the air like the WaveVenture? If so, what would be the likely cause?

On a seperate note, I was pleasantly surprised with 51 mph (gps verified) from the 3 seater WaveVenture in stock trim. I was expecting 40-45. Thanks for any guidance.

+1
    yes, water should be shooting. Take compressed air and blow out the line to the pisser. Its the one at the top of the exhaust.

Wow, quick reply and an even quicker repair. I just went out and took the hose off to find pieces of what appear to be seashell (former saltwater ski) in the fitting on the exhaust housing. Would any damage have been done with continued running in this condition? It looks like the water was just coming out under the surface rather than being routed up and out. I can't wait to get out and do a gps verification on the 1200 now. I was worried about the lack of water spout so I docked it after a few quick passes. Thanks again for the reply.

+1
    yea, you dont want to run the ski like it was, but what you can do to verify flow is put the ski in the water on the trailer, look for water out of the pisser, if non pull the line off the exhaust to see the water shoot out and then reconnect the line. That way you know there is a blockage in the line, outlet fitting.

Thread Information