Angry msx 110 got fuel got spark no crank, whats wrong

i have a msx 110 turbo and the interface system was burn up i had another ski so i pulled its interface and fixed the problem, but it doesn't crank whats going, on when i crank it it has a check engine light but i don't have a machine to hook to it, can you help me i would like to ride my daughter around this summer but i can't afford a shop to look at it.

anyone have any ideas, i don't know much about pwc's but im a mechanic for honda, so if you were able to throw something at me i would most likely understand.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjaydenseth View Post
    i have a msx 110 turbo and the interface system was burn up i had another ski so i pulled its interface and fixed the problem,

but it doesn't crank whats going, on when i crank it it has a check engine light but I don't have a machine to hook to it...
    Welcome to the Hulk

Click here for the Polaris Service manual.

Were you able to solve your fuel pump problem?

What is the service history of this machine?

Was the battery ever hooked up backwards?

What exactly is it doing, and not doing?
    Does the starter motor turn the engine over?

Do you have spark?

Is the battery new, and well charged?
    The battery must deliver over 10.5 volts while cranking, or the engine will not be able to start.

It is normal for the red lamp on the NGI display to flash when the engine is started.
    Do you also see a Check Engine text message on the display?

Once you get it running, be sure to check the other common maintenance issues with the Weber motors.

Unhappy

thanks for the reply, yes the fuel problem was 2 fuses, thanks, history on the skis, my mother boght them new in o4 and owned them sense till this year were i bought them, one smoked when you ran it and the other had a fuel problem which is fixed, they have always been serviced by polaris and known polaris mechanics, but that was in alabama im in ga, i don't know anyone, so thank god i found you guys, so thats all the history i know, the battery is hooked up to a battery charger that has a 200 amp cranking button on it thats what ive been using so it doens't die. its getting fuel, and its getting spark for sure, the injectors are spraying one and then the other like there suppose to, when i unplug the two injectors it acts like it wants to crank the stops, and then also i can hook them up and it wants to start but doesn't at first then nothing, got any suggestions, thanks alot. also the check engine light is on when trying to crank it.also the smoking thing was probably cause from the over fill of oil, i turned it over and it reads over fill. thanks again.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    That 200Amp battery booster is dangerous. I recommend you put good quality, new batteries in there.

You run the risk of frying the electronics in these machines with an external booster. These things do not like voltage spikes.

The entire engine is computer controlled - and you don't want to be replacing the computer

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    That 200Amp battery booster is dangerous. I recommend you put good quality, new batteries in there.

You run the risk of frying the electronics in these machines with an external booster. These things do not like voltage spikes.

The entire engine is computer controlled - and you don't want to be replacing the computer
    so i got me a new battery, and the voltage is great but still no starting it wants to but still not, so does anyone have a idea i can try remember i have another ski just like this one so if it needs parts then just give me an idea. thanks.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisjaydenseth View Post
    so i got me a new battery, and the voltage is great but still no starting it wants to but still not, so does anyone have a idea i can try remember i have another ski just like this one so if it needs parts then just give me an idea. thanks.
    Simply try interchanging the ECU from one ski to the other. Unplug the battery before removing and unplugging these ECU's... the start solenoid is nearby and you risk shorting the ECU case on the solenoid + terminal. This is a 15 minutes procedure that will have you starting on the right path on your diagnosis.

Thread Information