New to this. Have question about breaking in the engine.

I am new to this whole green hulk thing. I don't know much about Polaris PWC and came here for help. I have rebuilt my carbs, all new gas lines, all new oil lines, a new triple fuel pump, all new gaskets, etc. The reason for all of this is because last season i burned a hole in my piston so i decided to replace or redo as much as i can to fix the problem since i dont know what the problem was. Ok, so now i am confused. What do i do next? Some people say to take it out and just ride it and some people say to add oil to the gas tank on top of the oil tank. Please help me as i am new to this. Thank you much...

+1
    The best proven way to break-in an engine for a long lifetime is the following...

Make sure you use the right oil (2 or 4 stroke) and have the right gas (octane level) mix gas and oil (mixture 40:1) if you have a two-stroke...use this in the first tank at least if not also the second. As for break-in, ride your pwc for only 15-20 minutes at a time for the first three times you use it. Very important: be sure that the engine gets to cool down completely between the first three rides. On the first ride, do not go over 1/2 throttle, the second ride go only 3/4 throttle and on the third ride go full throttle a couple of times but only for about 10-15 seconds. Very important: vary your throttle speed as much as possible as you ride. What this all does is get all the engine components up to operating temperatures and then allows them to cool down, it conditions the metal parts due to the expansion and contraction due to the temp. changes. This will break-in your jetski for a long life. After that, go all out and have fun!

Welcime to the Hulk!

What kind of oil do I need to mix with my gas? So for the first time out I fill the oil tank up and mix oil and gas together? What kind of oil do I need for my oil tank? What is the right right gas (octane level)? Thank you...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by james1 View Post
    What kind of oil do I need to mix with my gas? So for the first time out I fill the oil tank up and mix oil and gas together? What kind of oil do I need for my oil tank? What is the right right gas (octane level)? Thank you...
    See reply to your PM.

Thread Information