Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Injector Type 42

Simple question: Are the Injectors (Green Body) on the P-X or T-X the same 42# Injectors you can buy individually ?

Would there be any performance increase or downside of installing the RXP-X Injectors (by themselves) on an RXP ?

Also, I am showing my ignorance here but was wondering,,, is the "pound rating" of an Injector, i.e. "#42", "#50", etc. the weight of Fuel which would be passed in one hour with the Injector fully open or some other way of denoting it's capacity ?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    Simple question: Are the Injectors (Green Body) on the P-X or T-X the same 42# Injectors you can buy individually ?

Would there be any performance increase or downside of installing the RXP-X Injectors (by themselves) on an RXP ?

Also, I am showing my ignorance here but was wondering,,, is the "pound rating" of an Injector, i.e. "#42", "#50", etc. the weight of Fuel which would be passed in one hour with the Injector fully open or some other way of denoting it's capacity ?
    They are different from the injectors that jerry sells in the store. The rating means for instance 42 lb of fuel per hour but these ratings are always at 43.5psi of fuel pressure. I belive that this is a static rating (fully open) We in general on the 4tecs run them at a minmum of 58psi (stock) and in my case upto 72psi with a RRFPR. This is to mimic running a larger injector that it really is. I would say that there wont be a performance increase unless you have some other mod that require more fuel than the stock 38s can provide. Belive it or not but I actually needed 42 injectors just to support a XS cooler with bleed, 4 inch intake, gutted with thru hull exhaust, but stock SC. This was in cold UK winter at sea level tho. Hope that helps R88

David,
    Just installing the larger fuel injectors will not help you unless you need the additional fuel supplied.

Thanks,
    Duane

+1
    the ones you can get from Jerry i believe are Bosch Green Giants/Tops, the stock x models use stock Volvo/Audi application 42lb injectors

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    the ones you can get from Jerry i believe are Bosch Green Giants/Tops, the stock x models use stock Volvo/Audi application 42lb injectors
    I was under the impression that he switched from the Bosch a long time ago. Main reason was because they were ugly.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I was under the impression that he switched from the Bosch a long time ago. Main reason was because they were ugly.
    im not really sure, i know he used to carry them

+1
    and just when you thought I wasn't a living encyclopedia of greenhulk.net information

http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...1&postcount=16

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by meeper View Post
    No, the ones i sell are Delphi. Same brand as the 50 lb injectors Riva sells for their stage 3 kit.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post

I run 42 from ford racing they are floresent green and they are better than riva! I have 3 diferent tipe of 42 from 3 diferent company .and the best was from ford ! you cant buy then individual for $30 each you go to the web on( RPM oulet.com) you go on ford trucks .make sure you get the one that have the same plug connector.

Ok, so on my stock RXP I may be having an injector issue. Since I plan on doing mods to it down the road, could I put in 42's now?
    I know it will not help me at all performancewise, but would it be ok to do? Either that or buy new stockers, then replace them in a couple months with 42's.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information