help 05 rxp loss of power

I recently got a 2005 rxp. It had 23 hours and was a repo. Rode it once, pulled 7800 rpm and 77 on the dreamometer. Did an oil change and plugs, and it now only goes 6000-6500 rpm and 55-58 mph. WTF??? I checked the oil level and the spark plug gap but they were ok?? Anybody have an idea what's up? Used synthetic blend oil from bombardier.

RXP

Does it still whistle if you can't hear it maybe supercharger mine went out at 47 hrs ran great one day power off the next.

i thought stock speedo only would read 70mph i know mine will only read 70 (2007 rxp)

I think sythentic oil is the issue... arent you supposed to use non synthetic. So that means the supercharger is slipping or the clutches are destroyed now... correct me if I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    I think sythentic oil is the issue... arent you supposed to use non synthetic. So that means the supercharger is slipping or the clutches are destroyed now... correct me if I am wrong
    I thought it was synthetic is bad... Bottle says it is good for supercharged and non supercharged 4tecs. It was summer synthetic blend oil from bombardier. Wasn't there a problem with the clutches on these machines, something about replacing with ceramic?

umm maybe the new synthetic is ok then... idk someone else with know... have u checked the supercharger to see if it is working or not.

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by MuffSquad View Post
    I thought it was synthetic is bad... Bottle says it is good for supercharged and non supercharged 4tecs. It was summer synthetic blend oil from bombardier. Wasn't there a problem with the clutches on these machines, something about replacing with ceramic?

Close....

You are supposed to change the Ceramic washers for Steel.....The Ceramic BLOW UP, ok not really blow up but break apart.....

Disconnect the Supercharger intake and with the key locked in the glove box try to spin the SC blades with your finger.

Here is link to pulling the SC if you need to go this route.......

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=13403

Joe
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaserxp215 View Post
    umm maybe the new synthetic is ok then... idk someone else with know... have u checked the supercharger to see if it is working or not.
    SD now sells a 4-Stroker Oil through the dealers that is a synthetic blend, that is supposed to be safe for our SC's.....

I saved a bucket of change and bought Valvoline 4-Stroke Motorcycle Oil that was JASO compliant. Non-Synthetic BTW.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OneEyedHito View Post

Disconnect the Supercharger intake and with the key locked in the glove box try to spin the SC blades with your finger.
    Don't even bother trying to spin the wheel with your finger. You're f**ked my friend. Just pull the charger and get it over with. Jerry (owner of this site) can take care of you. Check out the links on the sidebar to the left regarding superchargers and the one posted in post #7.

Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    Don't even bother trying to spin the wheel with your finger. You're f**ked my friend. Just pull the charger and get it over with. Jerry (owner of this site) can take care of you. Check out the links on the sidebar to the left regarding superchargers and the one posted in post #7.
    +1...
    you MAY have lucked out and just glazed the washers, but I'd be willing to bet that 1 or both are gone...
    6400 rpms=S/C NO BOOST...

WHATEVER YOU DO: DO NOT RUN THAT SKI FOR ANOTHER MINUTE BEFORE FINDING OUT WHAT IS WRONG!!!

GOOD luck...

JP

Thread Information