kawaski stx15f no spark please help

Hey guys i got in a 06 or 07 stx15f and there is no spark. It turns over fine. The F1 error code does come on. I have not messed with a kawa and dont know where to start any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks Tim

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Is the lanyard a large enough one? Some dont lift the kill button high enough. Pull up on the lanyard while turning over to check. Is your battery good? Must have at least 10 volts while cranking to still supply a good spark. Also, kill switch may not be opening, (the circuit itself) Maybe disconnect kill switch to check. If you start with no switch, use your battery on/off switch.
    Also, you can and should download manual, unless you have one. If so, check out page 14-48. (chap. 14, pg. 4
    Last edited by rlovebk; 06-13-2009 at 03:49 PM.

+1
    +1 ... I have a 07 and the lanyard wasn't thick enough to bring out the kill switch far enough to make a connection ... with the plastic piece stuck under the kill switch .. try to pull the switch out and see if it cranks. If not .. you may want to take it in to the dealer and let them scan it and see what problem might be ... could be the switch itself has a problem .. hopefully the ECU hasn't failed internally

so what was it? I have new coils and a new ECU for sale on ebay if you need them.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YAMAPRO View Post
    so what was it? I have new coils and a new ECU for sale on ebay if you need them.
    On mine it was the plastic clip that slides under the kill switch .. got a new one .. problem fixed ... sorry i didn't put that in there .. the boss came in .. lol

cool, that was an easy fix

still no luck

Let me give yall some background on this ski, it came from an auction and has good compression and that is all we know. I tried pulling out on the kill switch further and still no fire. It spins over but not really fast but i dont know how it should spin. Rlovebk i dont know how to check to see if the kill switch is opening properly or not. And i do not know where to download a manual so that would be a great start. I do have a good battery in the ski so i know that is not the problem. Just let me know if you get anymore suggestions. I am going to work on it now if i learn anything else i will post tonight. Thanks Tim

wrong year

Sorry guys i thought it was an 06 or 07 but it is an 2004. Thanks Tim

Thread Information