2001 sun n sea jet boat

looking for repair manual for this boat and where to buy parts for it. need oil sensor i think .. if i take off runs good then it seems to shut down till i throtel down . then throtel up again its fine for a little while it has the polaris 1200 3 cylinder engine any help

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

I don't know about a repair manual for the entire boat, but you can click here for a list of available Polaris Service Manuals.

I would expect the 2000 or 2001 year Polaris 1200 domestic engine models would be similar to your boat. Is your engine carburetors or fuel injection?

Folks around here love something unusual, and we love pictures? What can you show us?

Click here for some common maintenance issues with the Polaris domestic engines. Some of this may also apply to your boat.

Your problem is likely to be either ignition of fuel delivery. My bet is fuel delivery - time to rebuild the carburetors.

Do not run the engine at mid-high power levels until you get this problem fixed. These high output 2-strokes do not tolerate being run with poor fuel delivery. You can lean burn holes in the pistons in short order - minutes or less.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Welcome to the Hulk

I don't know about a repair manual for the entire boat, but you can click here for a list of available Polaris Service Manuals.

I would expect the 2000 or 2001 year Polaris 1200 domestic engine models would be similar to your boat. Is your engine carburetors or fuel injection?

Folks around here love something unusual, and we love pictures? What can you show us?

Click here for some common maintenance issues with the Polaris domestic engines. Some of this may also apply to your boat.

Your problem is likely to be either ignition of fuel delivery. My bet is fuel delivery - time to rebuild the carburetors.

Do not run the engine at mid-high power levels until you get this problem fixed. These high output 2-strokes do not tolerate being run with poor fuel delivery. You can lean burn holes in the pistons in short order - minutes or less.
    +1. Sucks, but its true. Gotta fix the fuel delivery.

sun n sea rio

I also have the same boat and have been looking for good part sources. Here is what I have found out this far in the three yrs I have owned it. Our boats have the 2000-01 Polaris virage TX or genesis motors and drive train in them. I had to replace the engine last year and the ski engines are Identical within either FI or carb categories. Definitely make sure all of it is tuned up well. I bought a manual for a Virage and it has helped me tremendously.

Our boat hulls were made by Sugar Sand for production with Sun N Sea. Any seat parts or boat parts can be gotten from them.

I am now having electrical issues with my starter relay and have not found parts for this. Apparently the electrical is not polaris because I have struck out on parts for this.

I hope all of this helps you out. I would love to find other people with this boat so we can all share information. If you run across any other people or information, please let me know.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by motonz View Post
    I also have the same boat and have been looking for good part sources. Here is what I have found out this far in the three yrs I have owned it.

Our boats have the 2000-01 Polaris Virage TX or genesis motors and drive train in them. I had to replace the engine last year and the ski engines are Identical within either FI or carb categories.

Definitely make sure all of it is tuned up well. I bought a manual for a Virage and it has helped me tremendously.

Our boat hulls were made by Sugar Sand for production with Sun N Sea. Any seat parts or boat parts can be gotten from them.

I am now having electrical issues with my starter relay and have not found parts for this. Apparently the electrical is not Polaris because I have struck out on parts for this.

I hope all of this helps you out. I would love to find other people with this boat so we can all share information. If you run across any other people or information, please let me know.
    Click below for the Polaris downloadable service manuals.

There is also links to Service Bulletins and other useful info.

I think Sugar Sand is now defunct, but there was a posting somewhere (might have been another forum) that the parts inventory had been purchased by a former employee.

Post up clear photos of the start solenoid/relay, and any numbers or other info. It may be from another Polaris model, or another PWC brand.

Does your boat use the standard Polaris MFI or MFD display?

If the engine and drive line are stock Polaris, then you can make use of the aftermarket power/speed boosting items, if you have the interest.

Post up some photos of your boat, and especially the engine!

Guages:

My boat uses all individual guages and not the display that you mentioned...

2001 sun n sea jet boat

hi,someone know the part # for the steering cable teleflex for the sun n sea jet boat 2001.

sun n sea 01 steering cable part # ssc21912.

seat parts I am looking for a seat for this pwc. does any know where i can get new or used parts?

Thread Information