Thread: 97 slx T 1050

97 slx T 1050

three questions

1 will i destroy my computer by jump starting it.

2 is it a good idea to premix my fuel and bypass the oiler on this model. ( post link how to)My worst fear is the age of this pwc and the oiler failing

3 this thing has 70 hrs and is near mint and top speed smooth water 56 mph does this sound average

thanks..........

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by insp#484 View Post
    1 will i destroy my computer by jump starting it.
    There is a risk of electronic damage. Just buy a good battery, you will need it anyway when you actually go out on the water.

Never ride with a weak battery, the engine may not start when you need it to get you back to shore.

2 is it a good idea to premix my fuel and bypass the oiler on this model. ( post link how to)
    My worst fear is the age of this pwc and the oiler failing...
    The oil pumps on Polaris tend to be reliable. Change the oil hoses and filter, make sure the clamps are good.

Bleed the air out of the lines (instructions are in the service manual). Pre-mix 50:1 oil in the fuel tank for the first ride with new oil lines. This will ensure that the engine has enough oil while all the air bubbles are pumped through the system.

Check the adjustments for both throttle and oil pump cables. Make sure the throttle blades are opening 100% when the throttle is fully squeezed, and that there is a little throttle cable slack at idle position.

Oil pump setting is checked using a small mirror and light, to see the index markings on the pump and arm.

Click here for more info regarding Polaris domestic engine models.

If you still have the original gray Tempo fuel lines, they should be changed. If you find green goo inside the ends, you should also dis-assemble, clean, and rebuild the carbs.

A clogged or dirty carb is the fastest way to damage an engine, as lean fuel delivery can 'lean burn' a hole right through a piston.

fuel lines are all clear replaced already im sure.

why does the rubber grommet on top of the oil tank tend to leak i believe it is supposed to seal the low oil sending unit?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by insp#484 View Post
    ...why does the rubber grommet on top of the oil tank tend to leak i believe it is supposed to seal the low oil sending unit?
    Some of them do let oil seep out

I think someone posted a method of improving the seal. I don't recall what exactly they did

Thread Information