Exclamation 15F Sloppy Winterization Could Cost $$$

When fogging, I had a plug in #4 which was a real problem loosening. In fact, I am sure my dealer over -torqed all my plugs on the 50 hour last June. Anyways, instead of taking all the plugs out for winter, I left them in the holes ( slightly tightened ). Go figure - the plug in #4 busted off when I tried to remove it last weekend - dooh ! Ski is at the shop ( not same one who did the 50 hour) now. Hopefully the tech can "easy-out" the sucker; otherwise, top-end removal at big bucks ( not to mention delays to the water )..

they should be able to "easy out" it with no problem. Just hope they dont drop any metal shavings down in there. That will scar your cylinder walls.

Quote Originally Posted by GreyStoke View Post
    When fogging, I had a plug in #4 which was a real problem loosening. In fact, I am sure my dealer over -torqed all my plugs on the 50 hour last June. Anyways, instead of taking all the plugs out for winter, I left them in the holes ( slightly tightened ). Go figure - the plug in #4 busted off when I tried to remove it last weekend - dooh ! Ski is at the shop ( not same one who did the 50 hour) now. Hopefully the tech can "easy-out" the sucker; otherwise, top-end removal at big bucks ( not to mention delays to the water )..

+1
    there is another way but the epa might not like it much .... a can of r134a refergerant... pop the top hold it to the plug.. let it empty out .. take a center punch and hit the center of the plug and it will come out... another way is a can of foaming peneterant oil .. soak it over night and try it that way ... be carefull and don't let the socket slip off. Snap on tools also makes a tool to remove broken spark plugs ... most dealers carry them as they sell a bunch at automotive shops.. good luck

Thread Information