+1

Impros' Blythe Bound Smack Down 4

It's a very late notice here but has been up on the pwctoday board for some time.

This weekend june 13-14 @ twin palms resort in blythe, ca.

here's the starter post in the thread:

Blythe Bound Smack Down #4

A few years ago, PWC2day phoenom, Ragged Edge Racing mentioned the thought of a little get together near his vacation house in Blythe, CA. Blythe happens to be the very place where we cut our own PWC teeth back in the 80’s, so we replied that the impeller geeks would be there so sure! A few others posted about the possibility of showing and so with the head count quickly growing I suggested we should put a name on this weekend. We settled on Blythe Bound Smack Down. Ragged agreed and added his slogan to it- “Where the Keyboard Cowboys put it to the water!” LOL! BBSD #1 only saw a handful of us. Nevertheless, it was a blast and lived up to its true intention. Getting together with friends, meeting new ones and putting faces to the names from the boards. It didn’t take long for us to start immediately planning the next BBSD. We’d make it a Bar B Q, free grub for everyone, bring more buoys and see what happens.. For those who’ve never been, Blythe is a dump. The water is shallow, it stinks, it’s hot, no where to get race gas, etc. If you can read between the lines, then you will know that it’s probably a terrible place to ride and have fun…

So we are cordially inviting you to join us for the 4th Annual Impros Blythe Bound Smack Down. Everyone and anyone are welcome. The point of Impros Blythe Bound Smack Down is having fun, meeting new faces and seeing old ones. If you have a boat with serious horsepower, bring it! If you want to run buoys with friends, bring it! If you just want to hang out and chow on some free food, bring…uh we got it! Impros will be hosting free dinner for Saturday night for everyone. There are full hook ups at this camping resort, and plenty of hotels available a few miles south in the city of Blythe, CA. We’ll also be bringing a few of our Hooker impellers available for you to throw in your ski to try out. Nevertheless, we’ll be more than happy to help you dial in your boat while having a great time hangin out with us.

We look forward to seeing you there!
    The Impros Crew

When: June 13th and 14th 2009
    Where?: Twin Palms Resort, Blythe, CA
    http://www.twinpalms-resort.com/ContactInformation.html

+1
    Dave is open to bringing some specialty props with him for the sit down guys if any of you guys show up. Yami Dynafly's,skat,solas, 4tec 3 blades,4 blades, You Try it, you like it, you buy it......I'm not sure but I think it will be a discounted price...Don't hold me to that though, i'll find out later. He's leaving on thursday so post here or PM him which ski prop/pitch to bring ONLY IF YOU ARE 100% SURE YOU ARE SHOWING UP! Shoot me a pm too with that info in case he misses it.

+1
    Hi there,
    I just wanted to post this here too, in case some come out to the river that didn't see or post on the other board's thread.
    This weekend is going to be a blast. I'm excited to read and hear the enthusiasm on the other board, and that so many of you are going to be able to make it out.

A few things I wanted to post, so please read carefully.

First, I want to announce that Steve at Kommander Industries is now a co-participant in making this weekend happen. A big thank you to Steve and his family for joining in the fun with us. www.kommanderind.com

Second, I want to emphasize that this is just a fun weekend at the river for all of us to ride, meet, break bread and enjoy a day at the river with friends. This is NOT in any way, an organized event or sanctioned day. It is simply a “River Trip” with friends. A way for us to meet new faces and say hello to our old friends too. A chance for us to give a personal thanks. If it weren’t for great people like you, Impros wouldn’t exist.

I have to point out that PWC riding can be EXTREMELY dangerous! Some people like me even get hurt trying to burn meat on the barby. Impros, Kommander Industries, Twin Palms Resort, or any of us for that matter are not responsible for your actions on the water, the beach, or what you may acquire in your tent . We accept ZERO responsibility for injuries, death or too much fun resulting from riding on the river, drinking, Pirate impersonations, etc.... Ride at your own risk! Just bring your tow rope if you are on an old 440 , favorite beverage, tan lotion and enjoy. We at Impros and Kommander Industries can not put out buoys and are not responsible for any that show up in the water. There are always a few riders that bring some and set up a little fun. It’s at their and your own free will to do so. Nevertheless, it’s our advice that you should bring and wear a helmet. J

Lastly- Unfortunately, we aren't going to be able to work out a mobile impeller pitching station in the trailer for the weekend. After loading all of our stuff in the trailers we found we just don't have the room for all of the templates and equipment. We will however, be bringing a few demo parts; Hooker impellers (a few already in pumps for ease of installation), Solas and Skat impellers for those that want to pull their pump and try out.

Please take a second to send a quick email [email protected] to let me know how many are coming, and if you are going to be interested in a T-Shirt so we can plan to have enough food for everyone Saturday night. We're printing tees, but don't want to end up with a lot of dated shirts left over, so let me know what size and how many you want and we'll try to accommodate you. We're only going to ask for what we have in them- I haven't seen the bill yet, but last year they cost us $10.00 each.

I look forward to seeing you out there!
    David

Thread Information