SeaDoo High Altitude Impeller?

I recently purchased a 2008 RXPX, hasn't been on the water yet, but the dealer said that they installed a high altitude prop. After pressing a little they said that it was a SeaDoo part and it was 14/23. I bought my '04 RXP from these guys and they did the same treatment, I don't know about the part number or the pitch on that one, and it always seemed to have a little more acceleration and top end than other RXPs. I am hefty at about 215 lbs so I don't think being lighter made it faster. After reading these forums it just seems like 14/23 is steep for a lake at 3000 ft. Am I losing out on some power or top end?

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    the pitch wont relate directly to say a skat 14/23 as its still a 4 blade seadoo prop and a stock prop is somewhere around 15/24? (cant remember) but obviously seadoo went slightly lower so your ski will make full rpm and therefore full boost while other skis which have the stock taller prop will be down on revs/boost and will feels slower than yours.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheepfu View Post
    I recently purchased a 2008 RXPX, hasn't been on the water yet, but the dealer said that they installed a high altitude prop. After pressing a little they said that it was a SeaDoo part and it was 14/23. I bought my '04 RXP from these guys and they did the same treatment, I don't know about the part number or the pitch on that one, and it always seemed to have a little more acceleration and top end than other RXPs. I am hefty at about 215 lbs so I don't think being lighter made it faster. After reading these forums it just seems like 14/23 is steep for a lake at 3000 ft. Am I losing out on some power or top end?
    What rpms are you turning @ WOT?

+1
    I think the stock prop is supposed to be a 14/24 pitch but mine measured between 12.5 to 14.5 on the leading edge and 21 to 24.5 on the trailing edge with all 4 blades different. It's a 14/24 all the way around now. I pitched a second prop for the heat of the summer at 12/22 and I must say, it performs very good in the 90 degree heat we're having right now. If you can't get your P-X to turn 8000 rpms you might try repitching down to a 12/21 or 12/22. Or put a 4" front air (kanaflex) on it to make up the rpm difference.

I do not know the exact RPM, whish now I would have looked, but the '04 was pulling close to 8000. Am I thinking of this the wrong way? I thought a higher angle was more aggressive and faster, so am I wrong there too. At any rate, I am planning on doing some small mods to the RXP, intake system, grate, possibly new impeller. However where I ride there is not real reliable quality gas, so I do not want to run on the edge. I would like to pick up about 5 mph over the 68 it currently manages.

+1
    I have a T-X and ride at 2,200 ft. I had to add pitch to stock X prop to bring rpm down.
    I have heard of high altitude seadoo prop but never seen one.
    Go break the ski in good and get several hours on it before you do anything to your prop.
    monitor rpms at wot and report back, and then mod it and change or repitch your prop.

+1
    sorry for the above post on break in, I thought we were talking zero hour ski.
    if its stock, ditch the stock intake grate and let it breathe more.

I was kind of talking about both, so I will listen to the sound advise. Once I see what it does, I will let you know. By the way the dealer did give me the part number of the prop, but I did not bring it home from work with me. If anybody wants it, I would be be happy to provide.

+1
    By the way welcome to the forum. Just search RXP-X and I bet you will find plenty to read on if you havnt found it already,. .

Good luck!!!

Am I thinking of this the wrong way? I thought a higher angle was more aggressive and faster, so am I wrong there too.
    you are thinking right but it's possible to get too aggresive of a pitch and the engine rpm will not get to 8100 where it makes the most horsepower and the ski will be slower.

Thread Information