Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Salt-Away vs. Salt Terminator

Do any of you have any experience with these two products? I've been using Salt Terminator because it's cheaper. However, after hosing off my engine with Salt Terminator, and then rinsing with fresh water, I always still see some white residue around the engine and I find salt crystals inside and out of the ski. If Salt-Away can get rid of this problem, then I would gladly pay the extra cash. I'm a little bit OCD about cleaning the ski and fighting the never-ending battle against potential rust.

One more question, could the white residue I see around the engine be the result of salt coming in contact with the tremendous amounts of BRP XP-S that I spray everywhere after each ride? Do anti corrosion lubes actually disolve salt?

Thanks,

Kevin

Salt Away always worked well for me.

Anti-C Lubes wont "dissolve" anything

-DvD

After you spray Salt-Away and then rinse it off with fresh water, do you also use air pressure gun so to completly dry the engine before you spray the XP-S lube?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by npara View Post
    After you spray Salt-Away and then rinse it off with fresh water, do you also use air pressure gun so to completly dry the engine before you spray the XP-S lube?
    I've been letting it air dry for a day after washing, with the seats off, and then the following day I apply the XP-S lube. So the engine is definitely dry before I use the Anti-Corros.

Salt Away works for me but it's important to rinse througly and rinse well when using it to flush. Don't leave residue in the line...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Salt Away works for me but it's important to rinse througly and rinse well when using it to flush. Don't leave residue in the line...
    Do you mean that it's important to rinse well with fresh water after using the Salt Away? Also, how long do you typically flush?

GTI SE 155
    I've used both.....currently use Salt Terminator, since it's readily available close by (Academy). My experience is that they work the same, they may even be the same product, I don't know. I've also heard that this stuff is just detergent with a bit more surfactant qualities.....seems to smell, taste and feel like dishwashing liquid IMO. Any chemists here who can shed some light?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by fastexas View Post
    I've used both.....currently use Salt Terminator, since it's readily available close by (Academy). My experience is that they work the same, they may even be the same product, I don't know. I've also heard that this stuff is just detergent with a bit more surfactant qualities.....seems to smell, taste and feel like dishwashing liquid IMO. Any chemists here who can shed some light?

you tasted them?! isn't that the first thing we were told not to do in chem. lab?

Quote Originally Posted by TheEngineer View Post
    Do you mean that it's important to rinse well with fresh water after using the Salt Away? Also, how long do you typically flush?
    Yes, rinse the salt away away. In the intercooler and exhaust manifold it forms a white goo for some reason. If you rinse it out it won't form the goo. I flush with water for 1 minute then salt away 2 minutes then just water for 1 minute or so just to rinse it out.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lafjax View Post
    Yes, rinse the salt away away. In the intercooler and exhaust manifold it forms a white goo for some reason. If you rinse it out it won't form the goo. I flush with water for 1 minute then salt away 2 minutes then just water for 1 minute or so just to rinse it out.
    Wow, so four minutes total? How long do you have to wait after riding before you start this procedure? The manual warns about heat warping the ride plate, so I've always been a little nervous about letting it run on the hose for any more than like 30 seconds.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information