Thread: Anchors

Anchors

Hi Everyone...

I used to have one of those grapple anchors (red with the black bag) and I really didn't like it. I'm now looking for other means for anchoring my PWC.

Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Fluke.../dp/B0000ATY62

+1
    we use a simiar one on the boat and it's great. I had the one you mentioned for my rxp and it never held. You'll probably have better luck with that one, especially on mud bottom lakes.

+1
    my buddy has one for his ski and it sucks it wouldn't hold in calm water. I got a grapple anchor wieghs between 5 and 10 pounds and it works great.

+1
    I have the grapple anchor myself and I agree it sucks. A buddy of mine has a fluke anchor like the one pictured which works pretty well. Another buddy has a mushroom anchor which works well, although it was in calm water. Anything other than the grapple anchor and your in good shape, im gonna use my grapple anchor to just scale buildings from now on.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack77 View Post
    Hi Everyone...

I used to have one of those grapple anchors (red with the black bag) and I really didn't like it. I'm now looking for other means for anchoring my PWC.

Anyone have experience with this?

http://www.amazon.com/Kwik-Tek-Fluke.../dp/B0000ATY62
    What didn't you like about the folding grappling type anchor?

For the others....did you all try adding a length of bungie to the line to act as a shock absorber in rough water?

I'm usually anchor in the bay with a mixture of sandy and muddy bottoms. In calm water. This grapple hook type anchor never 'caught' and I just wasn't comfortable with it. When it finally did catch, it broke. I've always used the fluke style with boats and know they work well. (That was an aluminum heavy duty expensive anchor) But the same concept applies I would assume with this small PWC fluke anchor.

use a regular small boat anchor. The grapple ones suck. they never hold.

It also depends on the size of the ski. I use regular boat anchors on both rxps but I use a sand-bag type on my little xp and it holds fine. soo...

+1

Home made anchor

I took an old 1 gal. paint can dropped four 2 1/2 pound steel weight lifting plates, 3 feet of galvanized chain and filled the rest with concrete.

Damn this weighs 30+ pounds. My RXPX does not move a inch now. I also don't spend 1/2 hour looking to fill my bag with rocks.

Quote Originally Posted by alostaunau View Post
    I took an old 1 gal. paint can dropped four 2 1/2 pound steel weight lifting plates, 3 feet of galvanized chain and filled the rest with concrete.

Damn this weighs 30+ pounds. My RXPX does not move a inch now. I also don't spend 1/2 hour looking to fill my bag with rocks.

You drive around with that thing in your ski till you're ready to rest at anchor?

Thread Information