Thread: on the way!!!

+1

on the way!!!

my 2008 GP 1300 R is on its way from texas. the dealership here bough out another dealer and they had one !! also got approved to buy it cant wait!

Congrats!!!
    Welcome to GH...

+1
    Killer Hope you like it!
    Welcome to the GH Lee

+1
    my 2008 GP 1300 R is on its way from texas. the dealership here bough out another dealer and they had one !! also got approved to buy it cant wait!
    Hint of advise: Make sure the dealer performs the throttle cable re-call BEFORE you pay/pick-up your ski. Dealer in GA where I bought my '08 did NOT do the recall, which I wasn't aware of until after I rode the ski twice. They scratched the ski in the process of doing the recall, and then denied it (my word againt their's). Luckily the owner stepped in and agreed to pay (and the little punk that worked there was fired because of "too many complants").
    According to Yamaha you are also do a full tank of gas & oil, and the first two tanks (I believe) should be premixed 50-1.

Other than that, welcome to the World of Yamaha!!!

the yamaha`s come crated with steering bars and controls off the ski, packaged up in the foot wells and storage.
    check to make sure your steering bars/clamps/pad, trim cable routing, all cables have been properly installed and adjusted. make sure the trim cables aren`t pressing against the fill hose to the oil tank causing it to collapse, you will know when it`s time to fill it.
    the visor scratches very easily, check to make sure they didn`t wash/prep the machine with a brillo pad, like mine...

+1 on the recall!...
    and you should get a quart of yamalube...

+1
    well it will be here around the 22nd. it is coming from TX still. what was the problem with the recall? i was going to ditch the stock bars and get a nice aftermarket set right off the back. one of you yammy pros live in south FL want to come down and give it a look over when it comes in?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by flkeyzgp1300r View Post
    well it will be here around the 22nd. it is coming from TX still. what was the problem with the recall? i was going to ditch the stock bars and get a nice aftermarket set right off the back. one of you yammy pros live in south FL want to come down and give it a look over when it comes in?
    Throttle cable recall. Exhaust needs to be removed and hull can be scratched. Do the MOD before you buy...that way they owe you....not you looking for a favor. good luck.....

Thread Information