Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP poor steering response??

I just bought an 04 RXP. Its the first 4 stroke seadoo I have ever ridden. I feel like the steering is delayed and has poor response compared to my older sea-doos. It was really noticable last weekend when I swapped with my buddy and rode is 03 RX. The RX felt WAY more responsive. Is this just the way this hull rides or do any of you think I have a problem. I checked the obvious stuff like play in the steering cable and didnt see any issues.

+1

steering response

Quote Originally Posted by mlidzct View Post
    I just bought an 04 RXP. Its the first 4 stroke seadoo I have ever ridden. I feel like the steering is delayed and has poor response compared to my older sea-doos. It was really noticable last weekend when I swapped with my buddy and rode is 03 RX. The RX felt WAY more responsive. Is this just the way this hull rides or do any of you think I have a problem. I checked the obvious stuff like play in the steering cable and didnt see any issues.

the steering can be off if somebody added aftermarket sponsons and moved them to a different location

+1
    Is the OPAS still on??If so check that and the trim adjustments..

+1
    It's probably just that you're not used to the RXP. To increase turning ability you can add sponsons, skegs, an extended steering nozzle...Until you get your desired affect.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by mlidzct View Post
    If the training wheels are still on then that might be the difference. take of the OPAS and lube the cables, mine will take what ever you can handle for sure

I've owned a '01 RX-DI and an '06 RXP and I've always missed the responsiveness of the RX-DI.

The RX-DI was much more responsive to steering input, especially when making high speed turns on smooth water. I used to love tearing up a smooth lake with my RX-DI making high-G turns.

The RXP is still fun, it's just not as responsive - it's also a wetter ride with lots of annoying bow spray.

As the others have mentioned, there are options to improve the RXP.

+1
    You just need to get used to the RXP's handling is all. My 98' XP and 99 GTX LTD definitely handed differently than the RXP's do. The RXP hull IMO is quite a bit looser than the smaller bore machines for a reason...

+1
    Drop your sponsons 20mm and fitt UMI steering. You will love it nothing compares, turns on a dime and if you like high G turns then you will love this. R88

thanks for the input everyone, Im pretty sure now nothing is wrong with the ski and its just the way it rides. I may do some of the suggested mods if it starts to bother me but for now I'm alright with it as long as nothing is wrong...

hi,can anybody tell me how to drop the sponsons by 20mm,is this an easy job????

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information