Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

supercharger diagram

does any one have a exploded version of the supercharger unit on the 2008 SHO/fzr, i look at riva site and it just has an assembly unit.
    im wondering if u can change the gears inside the unit to produce more boost at a lower rpm- it is gear driven ,so dont see why not.

Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    does any one have a exploded version of the supercharger unit on the 2008 SHO/fzr, i look at riva site and it just has an assembly unit.
    im wondering if u can change the gears inside the unit to produce more boost at a lower rpm- it is gear driven ,so dont see why not.

Somebody may have some pics of the S/C taken apart. For that matter I think I do somewhere , but my power is out tonight because of a storm and I'm kinda crippled. Otherwise, call R&D they can make the parts all day long.

+1
    I have the service manual for FZR/FZS on pdf. It has the exploded view. It's password protected so i can't copy images from it and post. If you want the manual send me your email and i'll send.

+1
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	136254  

thats not the supercharger. that is the gear assembly behind the oil pump...but I dont see why you couldnt change some of these gears...the two that drive the supercharger are on top but you still have to pull the oil pump to get at them and its not an easy job...finding all 12 of those allen screws are a bitch...then finding all 12 of the holes to put them back is a bitch...one in particular that is in a hole 1-1/2" deep...

Banned User
    +1

gears

Who would be interested in buying supercharger gears ,if I were to Make some ? that way u don't have to rev 8600 rpm -to get 18 lbs of boost u would Get It At 7700 rpm and still use The Stock ecu and Keep All The Functions

If I was still using a S/C then I night if about 10 people had already used it for at least 3 months beatin the tar out of it without it exploding.

I suspect Bill (R&D) would already have done this or we would have heard it was in the works unless there is some issue.

Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    If I was still using a S/C then I night if about 10 people had already used it for at least 3 months beatin the tar out of it without it exploding.
    Biz,
    Have you or are you thinking of going with a turbo?
    If so, were do you get a turbo exhaust manifold for the SHO engine?

Quote Originally Posted by krenzema View Post
    Biz,
    Have you or are you thinking of going with a turbo?
    If so, were do you get a turbo exhaust manifold for the SHO engine?

Just startin to think about it. Now that I have the Motec it's almost a natural progression

Who would be interested in buying supercharger gears ,if I were to Make some ? that way u don't have to rev 8600 rpm -to get 18 lbs of boost u would Get It At 7700 rpm and still use The Stock ecu and Keep All The Functions
    how do you plan to get around the boost limit?? powershot is only good up to 10 psi I am told...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information