Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21
  1. #1
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    kingwood,texas
    Posts
    526
    +1
    1

    supercharger diagram

    does any one have a exploded version of the supercharger unit on the 2008 SHO/fzr, i look at riva site and it just has an assembly unit.
    im wondering if u can change the gears inside the unit to produce more boost at a lower rpm- it is gear driven ,so dont see why not.


  2. #2
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    does any one have a exploded version of the supercharger unit on the 2008 SHO/fzr, i look at riva site and it just has an assembly unit.
    im wondering if u can change the gears inside the unit to produce more boost at a lower rpm- it is gear driven ,so dont see why not.

    Somebody may have some pics of the S/C taken apart. For that matter I think I do somewhere , but my power is out tonight because of a storm and I'm kinda crippled. Otherwise, call R&D they can make the parts all day long.

  3. #3
    KamikazeGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,361
    +1
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    does any one have a exploded version of the supercharger unit on the 2008 SHO/fzr, i look at riva site and it just has an assembly unit.
    im wondering if u can change the gears inside the unit to produce more boost at a lower rpm- it is gear driven ,so dont see why not.
    I have the service manual for FZR/FZS on pdf. It has the exploded view. It's password protected so i can't copy images from it and post. If you want the manual send me your email and i'll send.

  4. #4
    KamikazeGPR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Posts
    1,361
    +1
    99
    .
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	supercharger.jpg 
Views:	269 
Size:	204.6 KB 
ID:	136254  

  5. #5
    thats not the supercharger. that is the gear assembly behind the oil pump...but I dont see why you couldnt change some of these gears...the two that drive the supercharger are on top but you still have to pull the oil pump to get at them and its not an easy job...finding all 12 of those allen screws are a bitch...then finding all 12 of the holes to put them back is a bitch...one in particular that is in a hole 1-1/2" deep...

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    kingwood,texas
    Posts
    526
    +1
    1

    gears

    Who would be interested in buying supercharger gears ,if I were to Make some ? that way u don't have to rev 8600 rpm -to get 18 lbs of boost u would Get It At 7700 rpm and still use The Stock ecu and Keep All The Functions

  7. #7
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    If I was still using a S/C then I night if about 10 people had already used it for at least 3 months beatin the tar out of it without it exploding.


    I suspect Bill (R&D) would already have done this or we would have heard it was in the works unless there is some issue.

  8. #8
    krenzema's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston - Sarasota
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    If I was still using a S/C then I night if about 10 people had already used it for at least 3 months beatin the tar out of it without it exploding.
    Biz,
    Have you or are you thinking of going with a turbo?
    If so, were do you get a turbo exhaust manifold for the SHO engine?

  9. #9
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by krenzema View Post
    Biz,
    Have you or are you thinking of going with a turbo?
    If so, were do you get a turbo exhaust manifold for the SHO engine?

    Just startin to think about it. Now that I have the Motec it's almost a natural progression

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by onebadsho View Post
    Who would be interested in buying supercharger gears ,if I were to Make some ? that way u don't have to rev 8600 rpm -to get 18 lbs of boost u would Get It At 7700 rpm and still use The Stock ecu and Keep All The Functions
    how do you plan to get around the boost limit?? powershot is only good up to 10 psi I am told...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva SuperCharged 15F
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-20-2011, 07:36 PM
  2. Additional Shim for Supercharger Clutch
    By johnD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-24-2009, 09:55 PM
  3. anybody running Riva Supercharged Sea Doo RXT Stage I Kit
    By jonstephens in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-17-2005, 05:14 PM
  4. Supercharger Impeller Install
    By Teflon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-09-2005, 06:01 PM
  5. SuperCharger Imp Install hours away
    By CRAZEDRXP in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-06-2005, 06:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •