Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Two Faced Donald Trump Fires Miss California

I've never been a fan of beauty pageants, but maybe next time they should just put Mr. Trump and Perez Hilton in dresses and be done with it...

California beauty queen shocked by firing
    On NBC's "Today" show, Prejean, a student at San Diego Christian College, explained what went through her mind when pageant judge Perez Hilton, an openly homosexual celebrity gossip blogger, asked her about same-sex marriage:

"I knew at that moment after I answered the question, I knew, I was not going to win because of my answer, because I had spoken from my heart, from my beliefs and for my God," she said. "I wouldn't have answered it differently. The way I answered may have been offensive. With that question specifically, it's not about being politically correct. For me it was being biblically correct."
    http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.p...&pageId=100797

...me neither. That is, until after a few of them, I realized that most seem to have the plastic 'I want to save the children & rid the world of hunger' marketing ploy. Maybe I've become more right-brain sided (or is it left) but the wow factor is going away... .

In this case, I've read that it wasn't really much to do with her comment on gay marrage, but more the fact that she wasn't agreeing to do certain appearances and other commitments. AKA: high maintenance beauty pagent winner....

+1
    You may be right, but considering the treatment she has already got, I don't buy it. I think the Donald is talking out both sides of his mouth. There is no denying she was set up from the start by a warped activist who Trump stated he has no problem inviting back as a judge. That alone tells me a lot about the entire organization, not to mention the unprofessional way her dismissal was handled.

One thing I have learned is there are two sides to every story.
    Read the statement in the article...

"The claim that she has an unauthorized book contract is false. She does not. The claim that she is refusing to appear is false. Carrie has been in constant contact with pageant officials seeking to fulfill her obligations. I have e-mails in my possession tied to the pageant organization as recently as last Friday citing future appearance requests for Carrie. She represented the Pageant in Las Vegas the weekend before last, and is scheduled to appear at a Special Olympics event this weekend in California, a cause dear to her heart. Everyone has been pleased with her appearances and excited to see her."

He also says it was a radio host, not anyone affiliated with the pageant, who informed Prejean she had been axed.

"What kind of employer alerts the media before they speak to their employee?" he stated.

Prejean told TMZ, "What's behind this I think is a political debate. They don't agree with the stance that I took [on California's anti-homosexual marriage Proposition 8]."

...always two sides, indeed.

Though slightly off topic, for some reason I never really cared for Donald and his so-called management style, but one thing he said still resonates (of course I wonder if this is another two-sided remark): "Pursue your passions; the money will come".

You go Donald!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lets face it guys, she was fired because she wasn't "politically correct". They were all over her right from the start and anybody can be set up to go down. This is one more stake in the coffin of free speech.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Lets face it guys, she was fired because she wasn't "politically correct". They were all over her right from the start and anybody can be set up to go down. This is one more stake in the coffin of free speech.
    I think you are correct Voodoo, even the NY Times finally acknowledged that anti-Prop. 8 activists are making an organized effort out of harassing traditional marriage supporters, more here:
    http://michellemalkin.com/2009/02/08...ge-supporters/
    http://michellemalkin.com/2009/06/02...hington-state/

Quote Originally Posted by VOODOO View Post
    Lets face it guys, she was fired because she wasn't "politically correct"...
    I agree but only up to a point.

Unfair question to ask one contestant in beauty contest. All contestants could be tripped up with hot button political questions.

Its tough to criticize judges though for being subjective or opinionated in a beauty contest. After all, a beauty contest is by definition subjective and opinionated!

I have no problem with anything this contestant said or did but I think she should have realized the lingerie photos might surface and cause problems including possible termination for breach of contract.

Imagine walking into a bar or restaurant and being asked to publicly rank everyone by prettiness and poise. Bound to be some irritated people.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    I have no problem with anything this contestant said or did but I think she should have realized the lingerie photos might surface and cause problems including possible termination for breach of contract.
    I don't think anyone is claiming she was fired for any photos...

+1
    You can bet, in the next few days or weeks there will be alot of fallout over this. Her lawyer is probably already all over this issue. Bet she gets interviewed at least 8 times in the next few days. Personally, I applaud her guts at giving an intelligent answer to a loaded question. So many of these beauty queens are morons................

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    You can bet, in the next few days or weeks there will be alot of fallout over this. Her lawyer is probably already all over this issue. Bet she gets interviewed at least 8 times in the next few days. Personally, I applaud her guts at giving an intelligent answer to a loaded question. So many of these beauty queens are morons................
    Last edited by YoYamma; 06-13-2009 at 02:54 PM.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information