Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Supercharger @ 100hours?

Hey everyone,

Just wanted some reassurance or clarification.
    I have a 2004 RXP, think it has 82 hours on it, a friend of a friend who works on them said @ 100 hours these things need to be rebuilt!

Are they not as solid as the 4-tec?

Thanks

+1
    No they are solid once you get the ceramic clutch washers out..They have wear items that need attention,Clutches,bearings and spring washers..You have to think these SCers can and will spin in access of 45,000 RPMs..Run that at that kinda RPMs for 82 plus hours...

Your friend is right..You should have it rebuilt around 100 hours..

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    No they are solid once you get the ceramic clutch washers out..They have wear items that need attention,Clutches,bearings and spring washers..You have to think these SCers can and will spin in access of 45,000 RPMs..Run that at that kinda RPMs for 82 plus hours...

Your friend is right..You should have it rebuilt around 100 hours..
    I took my stock ceramic S/C to 200 hrs(06 RXP), then it was rebuilt with steel washers. I was really nervous the whole time I was going to lose my engine but I had bought a 4 year warranty, so I chanced it. But even if you are running steel washers you will at least need slip adjustment at 100 hours no matter who's steel washers you are running. Then while you have it already out, do you go ahead do the rest? I 'll probably just do slip adjustment at 100 hours, since I don't have to worry about the washers taking out my engine

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    I took my stock ceramic S/C to 200 hrs(06 RXP), then it was rebuilt with steel washers. I was really nervous the whole time I was going to lose my engine but I had bought a 4 year warranty, so I chanced it. But even if you are running steel washers you will at least need slip adjustment at 100 hours no matter who's steel washers you are running. Then while you have it already out, do you go ahead do the rest? I 'll probably just do slip adjustment at 100 hours, since I don't have to worry about the washers taking out my engine

With the metal washers you may need to have the slip checked before 100 hours depending how hard you ride the ski..Keep an eye on your RPMs and the performance of the ski..If she seems like shes loosing performance and the Rs are dropping chances are youll need the slip reset..

Thanks for all the info and quick response, any idea on what price would be for this?

Thanks

+1
    A rebuild kit is around the 300 US dollar mark..You can order it direct from Jerry:
    http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=763

Then Labor..BUT maybe you friends buddy would be willing to help you out with the labor..

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupillac View Post
    Thanks for all the info and quick response, any idea on what price would be for this?

Thanks
    If it was me, I'd send into Green Hulk for rebuild. He can give you a price. The seadoo dealer rebuilt mine under warranty. Never been the same since. Lost 2-3mph and lost 200-300 rpm's. Most dealers are a joke and their techs don't have half the knowledge people on this site have!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Cupillac View Post

Thanks
    Rebuild kit $298
    My labor $75
    Return shipping $15

Click the Supercharger Rebuild link on the left for more info.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    Rebuild kit $298
    My labor $75
    Return shipping $15

Click the Supercharger Rebuild link on the left for more info.

Thanks
    i know what ill be doing this winter! mine has 81 hours on it. probably be around 100 by summers end.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post

Definately do the rest! The sc gears wear, and the bearings WILL eventually fail, and cause major damage WHEN they do fail (trust me I know). 100 hrs is pushing it , and for the high rpm ECU's more frequent rebuilds are needed sooner.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information