Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Will a GTX do this 17000 mile ride?

We are taking two Sea Doo GTX 155's for a little ride from London England to Sydney Australia ( Im not riding just the spanner man) and I wonder what you all think of the skis going the distance and who has the highest hour ski on the forum so we can compare servicing issue notes.

Check out this web site for details of Jerremy's trip....
    www.london-sydney.com

y not do it on something faster or is reliablity the main reason...i hope they make it..i think the highest I've heard was 999hrs and it stopped counting after that

I would think a 155HP GTI would be better? Way better fuel mileage and no supercharger issues to worry about? I htink they will be able to make it no problem though.

+1

faster?

Quote Originally Posted by Avion3333 View Post
    y not do it on something faster or is reliablity the main reason...i hope they make it..i think the highest I've heard was 999hrs and it stopped counting after that
    I think fuel economy is the main issue re the N/A ski's and the fact humans cant do 10 hours every day at WOT! Not enough skin on ya backside eh.
    999 is not bad.

+1
    Sounds like a hell of a ride! I think those skis should be fine. Just make sure they have bilge pumps installed. Good luck and god speed.

+1

bilge pumps?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Sounds like a hell of a ride! I think those skis should be fine. Just make sure they have bilge pumps installed. Good luck and god speed.
    Whats your experience that makes you say fit bilge pumps?? Have you had an issue?
    Thanks for your input.

142 miles for 120 days straight. WOW. It would be fun the first day and the last day. GOD BLESS YOU GUYS. The support boat would have to be a floating kitchen. I would be worried more about running out of food. I am envious though, To be able to take that kinda time to punish yourself, I'm in.
    This, I will watch.

Quote Originally Posted by jetskibum1 View Post
    Whats your experience that makes you say fit bilge pumps?? Have you had an issue?
    Thanks for your input.
    a pair of 500 gph bilge pumps is cheap insurance against sinking in the event you blow a carbon seal around the driveshaft, or hit something and crack the hull. You will likely never need them or need to use them, but for under 100 bucks it's certainly worthwhile to put them in.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    I would think the dominant factor in selecting a machine is the hull bottom, and how well it rides in rough water.

The ride characteristics for very long sea travel would seem to be the paramount consideration. The better the hull rides in rough water, the less abuse the rider will suffer, with endurance benefits.

Until recently, the Kawasaki hull was considered the best hull for big open water.

Fuel economy is also important, as is mechanical reliability.

While it is a very new design (at the moment), the new Sea-Doo Intelligent Suspension models are beginning to garner praise for the ride quality in rough water. SeaDoo also makes claims for rather good fuel economy.

There are a few threads elsewhere on GH discussing the new IS models.
    Last edited by K447; 06-11-2009 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Intelligent vs Independant

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by canadianRxtX View Post
    I would think a 155HP GTI would be better? Way better fuel mileage and no supercharger issues to worry about? I htink they will be able to make it no problem though.
    Huh??? the GTX 155 is non supercharged also. The GTI is a two seater and the GTX is a more stable 3 seater platform.

Bilge pump? No real need. Pay attention boys, we are talking with Rad 4 Racing here and I'm sure the ski's will have his thru hull bearing installed. No carbon seal. The support boat will no doubt have a davit so... I see no reason the ski's can't perform this trip. The 155 hp motor setup is very solid.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information