Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

check my work guys.. IC mod with a twist

I decided to try a different approach to the typical IC/engine water reroute.
    I penetrated the rear hull and just have a barbed fitting for the IC backflush. I also included a ball valve at the lower IC inlet/tee to allow for flow adjustment to the top fitting. The engine hot water discharge has it's own exit and the IC now pisses out it's own special "bunghole" barbed fitting.. It's easy to flush using my dual flush rig with a splitter.
    I did this similar to my RXX-XX that had rev-dual cooling because flushing was a breeze with the barbed outlet..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02153.JPG 
Views:	46 
Size:	155.3 KB 
ID:	136353   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02155.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	136354   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02156.JPG 
Views:	41 
Size:	152.7 KB 
ID:	136355   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02158.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	143.8 KB 
ID:	136357   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02159.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	136358   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02162.JPG 
Views:	34 
Size:	153.7 KB 
ID:	136359  

i used 1/2" "pex" fittings where possible since they dont have to be pieced together and they are very light

iz this cool? will it work ok like this?

+1
    i reckon its a bit overboard and messy just my opinion because you asked. it can be done alot cleaner and easier.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nicjak View Post
    i reckon its a bit overboard and messy just my opinion because you asked. it can be done alot cleaner and easier.
    +1

What the fuk is that hanging out the back??? I seriously cant believe you drilled through the top deck like that. If that's a pisser of some sort, then change it out for something a bit better looking. Either way, I gotta agree with Nick. This mod can be done much cleaner and perform very well if done correct. Either way, I hope it works for ya.

I took the pics b4 the job was all cleaned up.. I think the pisser fitting looks kinda trick aiming out the back like that. on my rxx it would shoot a rooster tail out the back end plus it made flushing very easy..
    I got my 07 ultra 250x for $1000 so it's not like I am afraid to try stuff like this..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gappa View Post
    I took the pics b4 the job was all cleaned up.. I think the pisser fitting looks kinda trick aiming out the back like that. on my rxx it would shoot a rooster tail out the back end plus it made flushing very easy..
    I got my 07 ultra 250x for $1000 so it's not like I am afraid to try stuff like this..
    For a 1k??? how so??

DAMM! Great price. I'd chop away too then!

the SC was seized.. had salt residue in it and the dealership thought it was bad so they sold the customer a new ski. It only has 40 hrs on it!!! I have a deal worked out with my local d-ship and I buy all their stuff they either can't diagnose or stuff they take on trade. They were beggin me to come and work for them as they dont have any pwc techs.. at least decent ones..
    Usually what they do if they cant diagnose something is quote a SUPER HIGH estimate and then usually the customer simply forfeits their ski,bike,quad for the diagnostic fee..
    SH!T last year they GAVE as in FREE, an 03' Avon Zodiac RIB inflatable! I turned around and sold it for $9000!!!

Little story: They told me their "tech" took a customers ski out after doin the 10 hour service/oil change on an almost brand new unit and he 4got to tighten up a line and SUNK THE SKI!!
    Another one! They couldn't pull the jet pump off another ski, (splines into the pump were a little rusty) sooooo they hooked the FORKLIFT up to it and ripped the bearing pillar and damn near ripped the entire d-shaft tunnel completely out of the belly of the ski.

So now PPL can mistake this for a Yamaha rooster tail until you get up close!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information