Thread: Weber-MSX

Question Weber-MSX

Hi, new to the forum...Been thinking about getting a MSX 110 or 150. I've been looking into these Weber motors and they seem to be good little engines? Any advice on year or model and what to look for on a used Ski?

Thanks for any info.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk

If you do get a Polaris, you can find the service manuals here.

You can also find the beginnings of a common problems/fixes page for the Weber four-stroke Polaris models here.

Best thing is to do some searching and reading about the Weber engined Polaris MSX 110 and MSX 150. These forums are a good place for Polaris support.

Polaris only made the MSX 110 and MSX 150 for one model year - 2004. The core engine is the same in both, but the 150HP model has a different intercooler and engine control module (there might be some other small differences).

There is also an MSX 140 model (2003-2004), but it has a completely different engine - fuel injected 2-stroke.

Those who have a Weber engined MSX seem to really like them - as long as there are no problems with the engine.

There are a few maintenance items that need special attention, particularly the turbocharger wastegate which needs to be kept well lubricated. The oil level markings on the dipstick are misleading, which can cause problems if the oil level is over filled.

If you know what to look for, and how to maintain it, these machines are quite economical on fuel, and provide good power. There are now some options for even boosting the power and top speed, but even in stock form these machines run right around 60mph.

The rest of the MSX design is quite good, with a smooth ride in choppy waters, modern styling, and reasonable build quality. I have a 2004 MSX 140, and it looks good on the water, and runs well.

Thanks for all the info! Yes I started to read through some of the posts, lots of knowledgeable people on here, "thats great". A guy I know, has a 110 for sale, but its been sitting for a couple years and I don't if he prepped it first? I thought he told me it was an 03? Also curious about the HP difference between the 110/150? And are parts easy to find. Thanks again.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot View Post
    ...a 110 for sale, but its been sitting for a couple years and I don't if he prepped it first?

I thought he told me it was an 03?

Also curious about the HP difference between the 110/150? And are parts easy to find?
    With any PWC, not just the Weber engines, or Polaris, you must base your purchase decision on the actual condition of the machine. Even a fairly young machine can have problems, especially if it has not been cared for.

The MSX 110 is rated at 110HP, and the MSX 150 is rated at 150HP

One interesting thing is that often the repair shops, or the owners, are unfamiliar with the Weber engine, and don't try repairing it, or give up easily.

Some of the other Weber owners on here can tell you about a few of the common issues, some of which are easily corrected, that have made their MSX 150 or MSX 110 an inexpensive purchase. A little repair effort or part replacement, and they are on the water.

Thread Information