HELP Is this a std bore piston or not

I'm pulling my hair out with this one, and I'm probably just an idiot. Just looking to replace 2 pistons on my 1050, as the third had to be bored, 0.50 over.

What does 81.38 on the top of the piston corralate to as far as size to a new one. Local shop says it is standard but was hesitent.

Here are the measurements that I had gotten.

Piston 81.4mm or probably the 81.38
    Bore 81.6mm (Honed to)

So what piston should I be buying. And what brand, the shop spoke high of wsm.

Thanks

uhhh did you contact me on ebay ?

81.38 is .50 over bore 81.38 plus the missing .12 is the clearence of the piston , is 81.50 mm your machine shop must be meteric stupid

you never contacted me on ebay back

i got 3 .50 over pistons

my boxs were messed up at the machine shop so i had to reuse some of my 81.25 mm piston boxs ,

2 are the same 1 is a odd ball

the only difference in them is that the 2 have oiling holes for the wrist pin

stock is top quality
    wsm is runner up
    sbt is bottom barrel

the odd ball is on ebay

the two i was holding for friend that hasnt contacted me back but he still has dips

lemme know

the clearence on these should be around 6-7 thou for wsm its what it says on the little paper , and stock iv hurd is 5-6

the three pistons veri with in 2-3 grams of one another even the ones that match

So are you telling me that a 81mm piston .50 over measures out to be ~81.38mm and the rest is clearance??

So if thats the case and I buy (oh by the way it wasn't me on ebay) a wsm 50 over piston and my cylinder bore is 81.6mm I would take that difference and it should be 6-7 thousands?

Basically

81.6mm - 81.38mm =.22mm =~9 thousands which is too much

Is this right?

Quote Originally Posted by problown89gt View Post
    So are you telling me that a 81mm piston .50 over measures out to be ~81.38mm and the rest is clearance??

So if thats the case and I buy (oh by the way it wasn't me on ebay) a wsm 50 over piston and my cylinder bore is 81.6mm I would take that difference and it should be 6-7 thousands?

Basically

81.6mm - 81.38mm =.22mm =~9 thousands which is too much

Is this right?
    For your motor, STD is 81mm, and piston to cyl wall clearance is .14mm. It sounds like it was bored/honed 0.25mm over, and has worn for quite some time. Or it wasnt done correctly (if that top end of that cyl was done relatively recently). What I would do is go the next size up, to .50mm over, and hone/bore to about 81.48 and check the piston fit within the cylinder. I just did this for my 750, and I think I have it down so far!! (This is the second top end, the first one didnt go so well)

Quote Originally Posted by bnasty View Post
    For your motor, STD is 81mm, and piston to cyl wall clearance is .14mm. It sounds like it was bored/honed 0.25mm over, and has worn for quite some time. Or it wasnt done correctly (if that top end of that cyl was done relatively recently). What I would do is go the next size up, to .50mm over, and hone/bore to about 81.48 and check the piston fit within the cylinder. I just did this for my 750, and I think I have it down so far!! (This is the second top end, the first one didnt go so well)

It all makes sense except for the bore, 81.48?? Its already 81.6mm. Or am I reading something wrong?

Thanks

Thread Information