New Impeller for 150 Speedster 155Hp

Well last summer on my last trip to the lake for the year I sucked up a rock but I kicked it right out and didn’t think anymore about it. But on my first time out this year I noticed that I had lost 10mph off my top end. My boat seemed to by running fine with no vibration or unusual noises.

Well I called my dealer and talked to my service rep and told him what had happened and he said I had probably damaged my Wear Ring and Impeller and should replace the both of them. He also told me to order my own parts to same some money which I thought was pretty cool.

Now I thought since I’m going to replace my impeller I may as we try and put in a higher performance impeller. After some research I discovered that there is really only one impeller upgrade for my boat since it had the 155hp engine and that was to install the SOLAS impeller, SR-CD 11/19. This impeller is suppose to give you more low end thrust which is just what I need with my boat to have more fun.

Well I picked up my boat yesterday after work and saw that my old impeller did have a lot of nicks in the blades and the wear ring did have a couple of grooves warn in it. Now I will be taking it to the lake this afternoon to test it out.

Wish me luck and I’ll give everyone a performance report after I get back.

+1
    How did the solas work and what was you top speed (GPS)???

Well I took my 2007 150 Speedster, 155Hp boat to the lake on Friday with after having the new impeller/wear ring installed and I still had only 6000rpm. I did have a little more thrust and my boat did not bleed off speed as quick when making tight turns. So Why I was still on the lake I called the mechanic at my Seadoo dealership and told him the news and he now said that it may be a rev limiter causing my problem and it would have been set when I got a rock in my old impeller.

So yesterday I took my boat back to my dealer and he hooked up my boat to the computer to check for error codes. There were no error code listed but my boat was due a gauge cluster software upgrade which he performed. Then he checked my throttle cable and makes a small adjustment to it. That was all he could see to do to my boat so it was off to the lake again to test it.

Life sucks sometimes. My boat is still not right. I did pick up about 100rpm to 200rpm from the throttle cable adjustment but Iím nowhere near the 7300rpm I should be getting.

My boat seems to be running good except for the about 1100rpm loss. Does anyone out there have any ideas as itís starting to get expensive to take my boat to the shop and still not get it fixed.

Bad gas? Have you replaced the plugs? Also is the oil dead on the center of the stick?

Thanks,

Joe

Bad gas? Have you replaced the plugs? Also is the oil dead on the center of the stick?

Thanks,

Joe
    -----------------------------------------
    Joe, I ran my last tank of gas down until to low fuel light came on and my new tank after that gave the same results. As to the plugs I haven't checked them but I only have 26 hours on my boat. I don't know what you mean by "oil dead on the center of the stick" Keep the pointer coming as I can use the help!

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    I was just gonna ask the same questions...Pull those plugs,I change mine every year. Make sure u gap them to specs also. The sparkplug gap for the 155hp is: .028 to .031 in The plugs can become fouled from all the fuel stabilizer from winter storage. So after all the old gas is ran out of your tank put the new plugs in. Let us know how you make out.

I did not use fuel stabalizer but my boat seems to be runing very smooth. Have you lost rpm due to bad plugs and if you have bad plugs will you boat run rough?

Doo It Till It Hurts! holdnon72's Avatar
    Did your boat sit for a while during winter? If it did and you didn't use fuel stabilizer you defiantly have bad gas. Pump all that old fuel out and fill up with fresh fuel. Also change those plugs if they are the original plugs.

If your boat sits during the winter months you must add the stabil fuel stabilizer so your fuel stays fresh.

To get the old fuel out just pop off the big black filler hose on the top left side of your gas tank. You can use one of those siphon gadgets that people use to transfer kerosene. There plastic with a squeeze bulb on the top.

What about the engine oil level on the dipstick....? Is it at full mark, overfilled, or to the mid between the 2 marks...?

These 1503 engines are known to loose a lot of RPM if there is too much oil inside the engine, they have a dry sump system so engines should not be overfilled with oil otherwise all the crankshaft and rods will drag into the oil creating a loss in power.

Other than that i would say, to check for air intake restrictions, or injectors, compression, but since there is no engine codes thrown, it should NOT be that.

Thread Information