Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Angry NJ Riding area Enforced

recently noticed some changes to our riding area. brand new "no wake" cans present every so hundred feet. Rivers that are not 400' wide (need to have 200' per side) which means the other tributary rivers have been marked with "no wake cans"

went to park headquarters this morning to find out more info and another lady stepped in a gave us attitude and blamed the complaints on noisy jetski`s.
    telling her I`m a responsible boater and have been on these waters for years meant nothing.
    her only interest was to protect "her" River from such abuse...

I heard another forum member had been stopped by the po po recently. I hope he comes forward with his dealing.

yes, we have visitors coming to what used to be quite ramp, and acting inappropriately. This ensued thousands of signatures on petitions is what I`m told to finally enforce our waters...

I`m very disappointed to see this, especially after I purchased the yearly pass for this park. The "no wake" zone is now 4 nautical miles long from the ramp before you can open her up and cruise. That only leaves 7 miles of river before you enter another no wake can/marina area and into the bay...

looks to me that my fresh water riding days are gone...
    looks like I`ll have to go back to the old neighborhood and ride the Delaware River.
    If anyone knows if the Delaware River in NJ/PA area have been compromised please let us know.

I`m just guessing that the water way to the art museum or canal may be no wake, but then again that is PA... Thanks...

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    ...ensued thousands of signatures on petitions is what I`m told to finally enforce our waters...
    Were you aware of these petitions?

You might want to review the details, like what the petition(s) are actually about, and who was pushing ofr the signatures.

Sometimes these things are not what they are represented to be, and do not represent the view of majority of the community in a reasonable manner.

You can get some people to sign almost any petition, if you present it in just the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Were you aware of these petitions?

You might want to review the details, like what the petition(s) are actually about, and who was pushing ofr the signatures.

Sometimes these things are not what they are represented to be, and do not represent the view of majority of the community in a reasonable manner.

You can get some people to sign almost any petition, if you present it in just the right way.
    the rule/law has always been there. though the channel did not have no wake markers away from the homes. from my understanding they went after the skier/wake board boats first and prohibited any skiing from the launch up to the area in question. Ok, that is understandable bc it was getting out of hand in such a narrow waterway. Way to many close calls for accidents. Large signs were posted on the bridge pillars stating so. I`m assuming and according to the personal views of the woman at the headquarters that people with waterfront properties have been complaining for years about jet ski`s whizzing past their homes. I do have to agree here, the visitors would disregard any cans/signs and blast past these peoples homes instead of trying to be invisible when underway past their properties. It ruins it for the locals such as myself. In all the years I`ve been on these waters never have I seen or witness anyone doing no wake speeds in an open area where it is now specified currently as no wake... guess it was just a matter of time. I have said it before and will say it again, word of mouth from this great little ramp that used to be a quite place has now gone the way of no less than bizarre.

they way I see one aspect is that the out of towners will eventually get pulled over and handed a summons maybe to the effect of them not returning. In essence this will hurt the economy of the park for lack of ramp fee. maybe word will spread and there will be less and less people going, but I don`t see any changes with the no wake areas.
    I feel bad for the good Ladies who patrol the park and are great assistance to many of us who frequent there.
    I traveled 35 miles round trip to use this facility often as possible bc it used to be quite and peaceful.
    but it is no less typical of any ramp with the ass clowns clogging up the ramp...

the locals to the property do not see it this way according to said person. They want the tranquility and peacefull surrounding of yesteryear, but they don`t regard one fact, the waterways are to be used by everyone for everyone...

From what I see only the largest of boats/trawlers that are found in the local marines cruise at a no wake speed for the entire length of the rivers bc that is what they are designed to do.
    and equally the super power boats that are up on boat lifts are the most law breaking boaters on this river. I`m am sure these people have complained as well to hide their true identity.

I myself have been cornered or forced aside from a pair of Formula`s entering a bridge zone. Fortunately for me they do not accelerate like a ski.

so there is more so ignorant and aggressive boaters with big dollar machines who have ruined it as well... why aren`t the Po pop going after these boats...
    answer: it`s just easier to harass the jet skier...

I have not seen said pettiton or even know if this crabby ass woman was telling the truth. fact is these bills/laws are just being enforced. I have been told by my local CG neighbors that the SP are patrolling the waters...

Not that I wouldn`t obey any laws, I don`t wish to idle for 4 miles until it is clear to get underway...time to find an alternative place to launch, unfortunately it`s all salt water around here where as the rivers were brackish, much better for the ski`s and riders...

Sorry to here This Bullshit Pale

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Sorry to here This Bullshit Pale
    I hear ya Tom, I heard of this a while back from some local boaters who didn`t like our presence. they said it will be "all" no wake shortly. that reality is here. I was just in denial and curiousity made me drive over the bridge have a look up River, that`s when I saw the new can in the wading river, then to the ramp and look for posted signs, nothing there so then went to the parks building. I`m covered and everything is up to date, so they will not make any money off of me. with the way the ski is modded and the jet works kit etc, I don`t see idling all that way...
    Funny how the new markers/cans and authority come right before another holiday where there will be many many boaters and guests on the Rivers...

I`ll know more when I go into the river from the bay and see what`s what...

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    i did see the coast guard a little ways up the river two weeks ago when i was out riding

Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    i did see the coast guard a little ways up the river two weeks ago when i was out riding
    Hey Dan, yeah it was a surprise to see all the new cans even on the wading river... you know what that means...

+1
    Its pretty lame... Honestly it was one of the best spots in NJ to ride... Im an "out of towner" who travelled 1+ hours to ride that spot and more or less always obbeyed the no wake zones... There are plenty of boats there that ive seen not obbeying the no wake zone. NJ hates waverunners and always has. There unposted local ordinances that caused me my only ticket on a waverunner in 10+ years of ridding. Funny part is there more worried about people on ski's than people going out and getting hammered drunk on their boats. Ive seen our group pull 10 ski's in and out on that ramp in half the time its taken most of the people to get boats in and out of there. I really think its just a matter of time before we have no where but the ocean to ride in NJ. Its a shame...

Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Its pretty lame... Honestly it was one of the best spots in NJ to ride... Im an "out of towner" who travelled 1+ hours to ride that spot and more or less always obbeyed the no wake zones... There are plenty of boats there that ive seen not obbeying the no wake zone. NJ hates waverunners and always has. There unposted local ordinances that caused me my only ticket on a waverunner in 10+ years of ridding. Funny part is there more worried about people on ski's than people going out and getting hammered drunk on their boats. Ive seen our group pull 10 ski's in and out on that ramp in half the time its taken most of the people to get boats in and out of there. I really think its just a matter of time before we have no where but the ocean to ride in NJ. Its a shame...
    yup, many knowledgeable people with good riding etiquette go there, and it`s fun to watch the shenanigans on the ramp.
    ah, we can`t forget the superboats that are driven by the local teenagers with about 7-8 on board trying to prove a point.
    sad indeed...

I`ll know more when I take the long way around and have a look...

Nothin' runs like a Deere IowanGPR's Avatar
    weren't you trying to move away from there more than a year ago? move to the midwest. much nicer people here

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information