2002 951 Di oil pump

Still building this motor. Just bought Ski from guy which motor did not work. Motor full of water and locked up. Waiting for my pistons so I figured I would clean up oil tank, pump and lines. Looks as if previous owner put motor oil oin tank. Cleaned eveything up and was going to flush the oil pump by bench bleeding. took filled oil line, bled pump with bleed screw. Hooked up a drill reverse rotation and let her go. How much flow should i get . You can see the oil pulse forward real slow but i guess i was expecting it to shoot out. . really dont matter how i hold the lever open or closed. My drill says it only spins at 1300 RPM, maybe that is too slow or pump may be bad...

+1
    Thats not really going to give you an accurate test. But with the motor idleing and you turn the oil pump wide open the oil creeps pritty slow. The way I do it is get the motor idleing turn the pump all the way open and look for air bubbles in the lines. If no bubbles you should be good. Also the oil should be gushing out of the line to the oil pump when you attach it.

Ok thanks, I think it is working. Like I said I was just thinking gushing out with high pressure. If that was the case I guess you would have to put oil in it every 200-300 yards.. lol....I hooked it up a little better on my vise. Looked again and my drill is only rated at 1200 RPM, but it is older then the hills. With it all bled and holding it wide open I get about a drip a second on all three lines.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 2002gtx View Post
    Ok thanks, I think it is working. Like I said I was just thinking gushing out with high pressure. If that was the case I guess you would have to put oil in it every 200-300 yards.. lol....I hooked it up a little better on my vise. Looked again and my drill is only rated at 1200 RPM, but it is older then the hills. With it all bled and holding it wide open I get about a drip a second on all three lines.
    No way a drill is going to simulate a motor. Could be too fast or too slow I have no idea since its not going to be accurate. But a drip a second sounds about right (running off motor).

+1
    It does come out pretty slow on a drill.

you'll get even more oil if you turn it to full open, but yes it pulsates not a steady stream

Thread Information