Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

08 SHO Cruiser starting problem on water

Hey everyone. I had a strange thing happen to my FX SHO Cruiser today. The problem was it had to turn over several times before it would start out on the water today. I had been in a no-wake zone for a good 30 min and then shut the ski off. When i went to start it, it took two trys to get it to start. After this happened, it never happened again. The ski has 6 hrs on it now. Also, unlike my GP1300r, it has to turn over just a couple seconds before it lights off. Is this normal? The GP starts as soon as i hit the button, but the SHO take a second. It has me wondering now that i has this one starting issue. Any help would be appriciated or evening let me know if its not a problem...thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Hey everyone. I had a strange thing happen to my FX SHO Cruiser today. The problem was it had to turn over several times before it would start out on the water today. I had been in a no-wake zone for a good 30 min and then shut the ski off. When i went to start it, it took two trys to get it to start. After this happened, it never happened again. The ski has 6 hrs on it now. Also, unlike my GP1300r, it has to turn over just a couple seconds before it lights off. Is this normal? The GP starts as soon as i hit the button, but the SHO take a second. It has me wondering now that i has this one starting issue. Any help would be appriciated or evening let me know if its not a problem...thanks everyone

Mine is sometimes a tad hard(er) to start when it's hot and I have been riding for a while. Heat soak I guess...

I dont think its really anything to worry about. My SHO takes longer to start than my old ski and at first I was worried because i didnt think it was normal, but its good

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOBiz View Post
    Mine is sometimes a tad hard(er) to start when it's hot and I have been riding for a while. Heat soak I guess...
    Quote Originally Posted by WavruninPWC View Post
    I dont think its really anything to worry about. My SHO takes longer to start than my old ski and at first I was worried because i didnt think it was normal, but its good
    +1, but it always starts.

+1
    If it happens again unscrew the fuel cap then retighten. If you hear or feel a whoose the fuel tank breather hose might be kinked.

Is your battery fully charged?
    With such low hours in the time you've had this ski it may be low, unless you are keeping it charged up at home base.

+1
    So, you think it could of been a vapor lock? Just stranger it had not happened before this or after this one time. I had to crank it several seconds and stop and then on the second try it started fine. Never had a problem with this again.

Now, one more silly question I guess, but I just want to keep this ski in good shape. We had been riding almost 2 1/2 non-stop and in a idle zone for a good 30 min.. I never got a warning light for being hot, but water temp by ski was 87 in the bay. With this being my first fourstroke is it alright to ride and ride or should I have let it cool off between those hours. Im still taking very easy on ski, so no hard runs performed.. Again, thanks everyone.

+1
    My fzr turns over about 2 times before it starts where as my fx ho starts the second i press the start button. I'd say your fine.

+1
    Anyone else had a starting issue after riding for a long time?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Anyone else had a starting issue after riding for a long time?
    Check out post: SHO hard to start

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information