Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXT-X Pump Tunnel cracks and hole

My buddy has an 08 RXT-X and he was slightly cavitating during hole-shot and taking on alot of water. Pulled pump and intake found hole on left side of tunnel at the edge of pump shoe, more smaller holes along edge and spider-web cracks all through tunnel. Has anybody dealt with this problem? Looks like a crappy lay-up job. He called four dealers and none of them have heard of this. Sounds like BRP is trying to lay low on this one like many other issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RossM View Post
    My buddy has an 08 RXT-X and he was slightly cavitating during hole-shot and taking on alot of water. Pulled pump and intake found hole on left side of tunnel at the edge of pump shoe, more smaller holes along edge and spider-web cracks all through tunnel. Has anybody dealt with this problem? Looks like a crappy lay-up job. He called four dealers and none of them have heard of this. Sounds like BRP is trying to lay low on this one like many other issues.
    yup heard of this often on the t-x. lucky u didnt sink it. you need to reinforce the pump tunnel from the inside. carbon fibre should do dine, do a search on this topic

+1

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RossM View Post
    You need to have your buddy go to the "how to section" and read the entire t-x tunnel repair thread and do a search on t-x tunnel cracks, about two dozen of us have been through this with brand new unmoddified skis!! He is on his own and hopefully his dealer will do him right, mine did thank God!

[quote=RossM;1095212]My buddy has an 08 RXT-X and he was slightly cavitating during hole-shot and taking on alot of water. Pulled pump and intake found hole on left side of tunnel at the edge of pump shoe, more smaller holes along edge and spider-web cracks all through tunnel. Has anybody dealt with this problem? Looks like a crappy lay-up job. He called four dealers and none of them have heard of this. Sounds like BRP is trying to lay low on this one like many other issues.[/quote

You might want to tell your buddy to open a claim with BRP about this problem. They might not fix the problem for him (right now) but if they get enough similar claims, they will have to face the problems with the hulls... Ron

+1
    Does it look like this? This happened on an RXT-X, the tunnel has to be reinforced.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P5060145-2.JPG 
Views:	195 
Size:	111.5 KB 
ID:	136527  

+1

X Models

My friend in Jacksonville, Bigbuck12345(Terry) almost sink the ski too. Lucky he manage to reach the shore and pull the ski out. The same problem in the pump tunnel. If you take it to the dealer they would call Seadoo(BRP) and would take care of it under warranty. I think! Is a major problem with these X models and Seadoo knows about it. I think Seadoo needs to do a major recall of this models and fix then. Thank God riders that have this problem had manage to reach for safety and not sink the ski

this seem to be the main topic among the RXT-X now

Yes, It does look like the picture posted but a smaller hole. He took it to the local dealer Trumbull Motorsports in Bel Alton MD. The dealer is owned by a real yahoo village idiot. The dealer is a real joke. The guy told him that he might hear something in a couple of weeks. I do not think seadoo will take care of it, but if enough people bark maybe they will. I think the dealers should stand behind their customers that they sell to instead of hiding behind BRP so much.

almost sunk!!

i was out yesterday cruising along with a buddy slowed down waited for him to catch up and when i turned around the ass end of the ski was underwater. Talk about getting the crap scared out of u. Lucky I was about 300 yards of shore. Beached the ski drained it found a good 3-4inch crack in the f-en tunnel....o rxtx by the wayNow what?

I think we should all get pictures together and e-mail them to Rich Klein, the cordinator at BRP and all the service reps at BRP. This is what the dealers do. So I suggest we go around the dealers. Maybe this is what needs to be done before someone does get hurt.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information