Wiring/starting issue on GTX 951

I winterized my GTX last year, and it was running perfect, this year, I get it out, take the battery off the shelf and nothing. I take the battery and have it tested, and it comes back good, so I bring it back, stick it back in and nothing. It wont even chirp. I cant figure out what is going on, I checked all my battery cables and connections, and there all good, I took apart all the electrical connectors and cleaned them, and I still dont have anything, howver If your looking at the ECM, and un plu the back wire block, and plug it back in, it chirps, and you have 1 shot to fire it up, and it will run for hours, you turn it off, and you have nothing, unplu and plu that plug back in, and it fires. I thought maybe my problem was there, but if you go the back of the ski where the square plug plus into your electrical box back there and unplug it and plu it back in, it does the same exact thing. Where do I go from here?

+1
    This kind of gremlin can be a serious PITA.

Form looking at mine, and the wiring diagram, that plug on the rear e-box is where the system gets its power. The red wire that comes off the solonoid goes through that 15amp fuse to the MPEM at plug MPEM plug #1 (which I assume is the one you are pulling off up front).

So, when you pull power from the MPEM with the battery hooked up, it will run as normal, right? But once you shut it down you have to pull the plug again.

So, does it do the same thing when you pull the neg wire on the battery? It should, at least, the process is the same as if you had pulled the plug since all the power to the MPEM comes from that solonoid.

At this point, it kind of looks like either a bad MPEM or Dess post. Since it will run the fuses should be intact (but check them anyway, the 3amp, 5amp and 15amp in the MPEM and the 15amp in the back). I do not think a blown fuse could cause such shenanigans, but is worth a look.

That brings you back to the MPEM and Dess post. When it is not starting try hitting the start button 5 times. You should get one long beep. If not, I would lean towards the MPEM. Just keep in mind, the chance of buying something you do not need is pretty good with craziness like this. There may be a more in depth test for it so do some searches. I am not familiar with them, but they may be out there.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I agree on the MPEM possibility.

It does the same thing pulling the ground off, one other thing, when doing these process, the key has to be plugged in already. I tried pressing the button 5 times, then I tried 6, then 7, but nothig.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Sounds like the MPEM.

+1
    Unfortunately, it does indeed.

Thats what I figured, but I was hoping it was something stupid I was overlooking.

We had the same problem after jumping it off a car and it turned out to be the mpem.

Well, I replaced the MPEM and the dess post and it still does the same thing, what now?

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    sounds like a loose/ corroded connection in the harness or a pinched wire in the wire harness just thinking out loud

Thread Information