Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: OPAS Block off

OPAS Block off

I just bought these for my GTX. Im sick of the way it pulls under throttle. Its like its pulling to the left or the ski is tipped to one side. I sick of it. And i been getting a little water in the hall.

How hard is it to install the B/O.

How is this going to change handling?

There must be something wrong if the opas is causing the ski to pull.

As for water in the hull, it is usually the carbon ring on the drive more often than the opas. I have seen opas last alot of years before having a leak.

Check to make sure that the opas paddles can still moveup and down on both sides.

Mosty likely this is not due to your OPAS but more likely your pump nozzle extension rod.

RXPRACER do you go out on LKN a lot? I live in mooresville and I am always out on the water.

If i do the OPAS what will it be like? The leak its cant be real bad. If im on the water say 4 hrs. When i pull the drain plugs on the ramp i get about 7secs of water coming out.

yeah thats bad. some others will chime in about that. you should never be draining that much water after your done.

that is a lot of water coming out of your drain plugs!!! If I'm on the water for 4 hours I get MAYBE a half second dribble out of the drain plugs.

SO HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS? Ok well its not 7 secs. To be exacted its about 3secs on water. But a decent flow. (Wife wrote that) But what do i do to start looking for leaks?

On the OPAS is it ok to block it? Whats the worst case on blocking it. It seems like that say handles better?

I have an 02 GTX Di that was doing the same, pulling to the side and leaning over. Having the OPAS serviced will probably fix it but i removed the opas and installed the block plates. The handling is lighter and the problems disappeared. If you can ride a ski, you dont need opas, I dont think it even works well for beginners, just keeps the authorities happy. Im no mechanic so I had my dealer remove it and install the blocks. In my opinion there are no disadvantages to the blocks if they are installed properly

Quote Originally Posted by RXPRacer513 View Post
    There must be something wrong if the opas is causing the ski to pull.

As for water in the hull, it is usually the carbon ring on the drive more often than the opas. I have seen opas last alot of years before having a leak.

Check to make sure that the opas paddles can still moveup and down on both sides.
    +1 left side may stuck in the down position.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information