Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Someone please talk me into a Stock class rxp-x

Got a rxp 215 with the stock class mods and are ready to race come July 26th in LKN NC, then in charleston WV. The GF is fed up with my ski cause in the past week it has thrown three codes (12v low, p0520 and oil) as well as my worx grate has snapped. well the bolt has snapped causing my pump shoe to break so now I have to replace a few things. Question is this. I have spend some money for my ski and in looking at some testing numbers from some institutions doing cc racing in stock boats it seems as if the rxp is not even a second behind the rpx-x in regards to timing. leading me to believe that this can be made up by the rider. The GF wants to sell and get the x but I love my craft and dont want to sell it unless I have too. So my question is does the rxp-x really have that much more of an advantage over the stand alone rxp? Some indepentent testing is showing otherwise. Plus my BIGGEST concern is the bucking issue. Stock boats are now seeing 76-78 mph and I hear nothing but bad things about the x when it gets to that speed. IE, I dont want my GF taking it out for a cruise and deciding to smash the throttle only to end up over the handle bars. The rxp does not have that problem what so ever. Please help. Im going to the dealership tomorrow to see what they have on left over rxp-x's, but wanted to either be talked out of this buy or talked into this buy... Thanks

+1
    I am going to step on some toes here but oh well, it is my opinion and that is all...

Reguarding the bucking issue with the X, the only time it does it is when the throttle is "chopped" from WFO from what I understand....

If you know if will do this "buck", then why the F$#K do people still chop the throttle?????

I had a customers boat for almost a year on and off playing around with different things on it and NEVER had a bucking issue either.....Last speed was 74 with my big ol ass on the ski and very few things done to it.....

i think the X handles much better than a regular 215 and doesnt seem to bounce as much...

Personally, I am really liking the new FZR and might even consider that if I were in the market for a ski.....

+1
    If you have problems with Sea-Doo, why buy another Sea-Doo? For racing, the FZR has proved to be the best stock class runabout in the market today. In the Pro-Am Stock class the FZR has won every moto. It is 12 for 12. It is also being ridden by a hell of a rider.

Honestly I never gave the FZR much thought. I will have to look into it. But Although its claimed to be one of the fastest stock runabout doesnt it cost like 5 grand to make it that fast? Ive heard something like 4 thousand just for a ecu or something crazy like that.

+1
    The ECU that was on the stock boat was a $4,000 ECU. However, the lesser expensive RIVA ECU will get you the same speeds for an estimated $1,500 when released. It won't have all of the features, but it will give you the speed.

Since most races are won on the holeshot I would give the RXP-X or the FZR the nod over the 215 RXP. I am a SeaDoo guy but I rode the FZR a few weeks ago and was impressed. The RXP-X has an amazing holeshot but the FZR does as well. If you are going to get serious about racing them you might want to look into a new boat since you are now at a disadvantage in a few ways. If you are just wanting to try it and have fun this year then save your money until you have a few races under your belt. Most likely you will need to spend a few $$$ to fix your boat to sell it anyway! If you are a good rider and have a fine tuned RXP they you may still be able to do well.

My Dean's Team RXP-X is a rocket, and handles better than I ever imagined possible. It's all about who sets it up and how... Can be competitive in stock form in both Stock and Limited classes.

CaliGirl,
    So you are riding a Seadoo this year? No GPR?
    Thanks,
    Duane

+1
    IMO you cant go wrong with either an RXP-X or a FZR, both are very capable craft.

I still have some Yamahas (heck, I even have a Pro 785 still hanging around! I still love quick and nimble 2 strokes), but did get a RXP-X to race... This one that Dean set up for me is the first one that handles the way I like on a closed course track.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information