URGENT question about triple pipes

I've bought used FP triples and find that jetworks valve and Riva restrictor were installed on each pipe. I disassembled them and found that restrictors are full of salt and jetworks valves are empty inside! No springs etc....
    So questions are:
    1) For what restrictors were installed? And are they nesessary? I understand that filters inside are needed but restrictors?
    2) Can I install only jetworks valves or only restrictors? The problem is that there are no jetworks valves on stock in Russiia, I am very hurry because there will be Russian Championship on 23d of July and I have no time to order valves from States. Can I install restrictors only?
    3) Do someone have pictures of middle pipe installation? It seems that one of brackets welded to pipe is curved but I am not sure. If not I can't imagine how can I mount this pipe in place...

+1
    Remove the jetworx valves. Clean the restrictors reinstall the retrictors. For now dont reinstall the valves. It will be fine.

Thank you, Insanediego-RXP

But for the future? Do I need valves to be installed ot I do not need them? Or it is better to:
    a) install them both;
    b) install only jetworks valves;
    c) leave cleaned restrictors in place without valves installation?
    I'm asking because I can't understand how these restrictors with jet installed could be acceptable for enough water flowing...
    Furthermore, I can't understand what is a role of these restrictors if water can flow free from inlet to outlet and waterbox. It seems that this line with restrictor is just parallel jacket of pipe! I van imagine if jetworks installed in this line because another way for water would be in this case after 3,500 RPMs and cooling will be better. But why restrictor...

+1
    I ran my tripples with just the restrictors in place. I have heard the jet valves may improve holeshot but... I never suffered from a bad holeshot whenI was running tripples.

I think the restrictors are to slow the flow of water out of the pipe. You dont want the water free flowing out this could cause an overheat problem.

IMO, run the factory pipe restrictors and remove the valves. The boys at factory pipe did a lot of R&d and im sure they new what they were doing.

+1
    Almond,check your PM.

+1

So What The Answer

Do You Use The Jet Work Or Not................

TRIPLE PIPES ARE 2-STROKE TURBOS allcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSE13RT
    Quote Originally Posted by JOSE13RT
    For best performance use both.

This allows you to use big jets for lots of water for good over-run [email protected] WOT and with the jetworks closing up at low rpms your best holeshot.

With just the restrictor jet it is a compromise since the amount of water needed for wot over-run rpm is too much for the best crisp full on holeshot.

Keep in mind you must tune your restrictor jet size and jetworks valve opening rpm to compliment each other and your set-up, or your performance could be worse than with just restrictors.

This is also a common area for debris to accumulate in and screw up all your settings. This is maintenance/tuning area imo, if you want you’re best all out performance consistently in closed course.

jmo allcool

+1
    He has a race on the 23rd. He stated the jetworks valves dont have the ball and spring in them. Since your so far away I cant see how you would get these parts in time. Thinking about it now. Just leave everything the way it is. Since the valves arnt functioning clean those restrictors and install everything the way it is now.

Thread Information