Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

problems seadoo rx

Hi im Douwe Wiegman from holland and im new here, first i want to hallo

I have just bought a RX millenium edition from 2000 whit 123 hours on it and i had some problemes?

1, after a few minutes on the water my scooter fell out? and i tried to restart her she just crankt a bitt an did not restart becose of low power in the battery,so i waited a minute and she restarted and so after a few seconds she fell out again! so i guess she dont charge the battery? did anyone had similar problems? and cant go without power in the battery

2, what is the topspeed of this scooter? becose mine runs 50 mph on the needle?. i think this is al bit less? what could it be? maybe the prop?

greets Douwe

+1
    Welcome to Green Hulk . Another RX owner . Top speed on a stock RX is around 60-62 mph ( gps ) i think.

+1
    59 mph +/-1 is what a stocker does in Michigan. The waters down south seem to make them run a couple mph faster for some reason.

+1
    Ignore the speedo, they are wrong for the most part, but normally on the fast side.

You need to charge the battery all the way up (no more than a 2amp rate if connected to the boat) and then put a volt meter on it. The volts should go up after it starts and should be in the 13.5ish range. If not, it is not charging.

Check the two 15amp fuses (one on the MPEM-module up front, and one in the black box in the back). If either is blown it will not charge.

5. +1 by:

Thanx for all the reactions

there was a plastic bag wrapt around the propshaft so i guess shell run faster now? i hope

and about the fuses i can only find fuses in the front and there was only one broke, that one was from the vts, 5 amp

Is it in the box where the big red plus cables etc run to? i couldend find any fuses there.

+1
    The 5amp fuse in the MPEM is for the MPEM itself, not the VTS (VTS is a 7.5amp fuse). The previous owner may have done that, though.

The 15amp in the rear box is in-line on the red wire that goes from the solonoid (where the + battery cable hooks up) to the gray plug in the side. The fuse is in a sealed holder recognizable by the two wires attatched to it.

u where right it was a 7,5 amp fuse, and i found the other one also in that space,

but today i tried to start the engine and that also refused to start? and the red light in the dash is burning and its says maintenance its that a problem whit starting up? maybe there is not enough power in the battery?

well i first charge my new battery and will try again.

+1
    Is it fuel injected?

no it has carbs

+1
    The red light comes on with a low oil tank (maybe fuel, I have had ours that low only a few times so I am not sure). Does the red light stay on?

The "Maint" message is a reminder that comes on every 25hrs or so (you are at 123 so it is the 125 reminder). This is a way to get you into the dealer and does not really mean anything. You can reset it by turning the boat on (plug in key or just hit the start button-does not have to be running) and hold the "Mode" and "Set" buttons down at the same time until the message goes out.

Once you clear that "Maint" message you should see if there is anything else coming on like "12volt Low" or "Low Oil" or "Low Fuel".

None of this would keep it from starting, as far as the messages go, anyway.

When it would not start, just what was it doing? Turning over means the engine spins on the starter but that is all. To crank is to actually fire up and run (this helps with the terminology, at least for me it does).

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information