Fall out at around 60 mph !!

Hello all Wet riders

Today the weather was great and decide to test my 15f for top speed. there was a lot of boats, as i was close to my top speed i hit some rapide waves on surface that i tough there where inoffensive for a sec,

But they dont So i lost the control, the ski went from one side to the other like the direction was break up.

I think that was because there was to much air between the hull and water i lost the grip....

So the only think i saw was the sky, i hit the water 3 times like when through a flat rock on water during about 2 to 3 seconds after i went down under water for another 2 second , to about 75 feet from jet ski, no hurt just a bit of fear for the next 10 mins or so and the jet ski stay on his feet.

Its my firt fall out at this speed and maybe i'm not the only one ,

To do a short story i wonder if aftermarket sponser will help to keep the control near 60 mph damw i hope this doesnt happened to often , i ride for 5 year now and never see this before,

thank you

+1
    When my Ultra 150 was new, I took my wife for her first ride on it. The water was like glass. We rode a couple of miles at full speed without a ripple. I saw a small ripple a hundred yards ahead and didn't think much of it--until I got closer and realized it was knee-high! I let off the throttle and my wife, who had not been holding on very tightly, flew over me! She skipped like a stone, I thought I hurt her. It knocked the wind out of her, but she was OK after a few minutes.

After that, I rode in some moderately rough water, and learned that it's better to just hang on! I have a stock ride plate with stock sponsons. The 'Ski gets sloppy, but if you can hang on, you'll be OK. Don't let go until you're upside down!

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    Always better to be standing up when riding in the chop. Its just like a dirt bike. Sit on the seat and you will fly.
    Practice different positions Some offshore guys even ride with on leg up on the seat for fatigue reasons, switching legs and positions as needed.
    Bottom line is, be safe, and don't try to go faster than conditions allow. If you like pushing the envelope, occasionally your gonna eat it. Use a helmet if you really get busy. Better than having to shove one of your eyeballs back in your head, and I have seen it happen.
    But most of all...... DAMN RIDING SKI"S IS FUN AIN"T IT??

If you have been ridding 5 years and this is the first time you got tossed then you havent been pushing it or you ride glass Big thing is to know your limits and the ski's. Then just when you think you got it all figured out you hit that rougue wave and skip like a rock Sponsons can help keep it pointed strait as well as the ride plate. I know shredmaster has a plate out for the 15f now. They do wonders for the ultra 150, mabe someone who has tried one on the 15 can tell you more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by elviswongg View Post
    Hello all Wet riders

Today the weather was great and decide to test my 15f for top speed. there was a lot of boats, as i was close to my top speed i hit some rapide waves on surface that i tough there where inoffensive for a sec,

But they dont So i lost the control, the ski went from one side to the other like the direction was break up.

I think that was because there was to much air between the hull and water i lost the grip....

So the only think i saw was the sky, i hit the water 3 times like when through a flat rock on water during about 2 to 3 seconds after i went down under water for another 2 second , to about 75 feet from jet ski, no hurt just a bit of fear for the next 10 mins or so and the jet ski stay on his feet.

Its my firt fall out at this speed and maybe i'm not the only one ,

To do a short story i wonder if aftermarket sponser will help to keep the control near 60 mph damw i hope this doesnt happened to often , i ride for 5 year now and never see this before,

thank you

Where in Quebec are you located?

Hello

I used to run fast i had a 250X before guess it was more stable than the 15F in boat waves even with my R&D ride plate , but the waves coming from differents boat where it happended is near long concret wall shore so there is some wave rebonds lot of agitated water.

The 15F is lighter than my 250X at high speed it almost just touch the water edge.

I Have fall before but not at this speed.

For the question i leave just up north the champlain lake, on the River Richelieu.

Thread Information