Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RXP-X Idle Problem

Ok so I bought an 2008 rxpx just about 3 weeks ago. I took it to the beach house, and it ran AMAZING! I put it up and planed to come back in about 3 weeks (this weekend and next full week). I flushed it out, and washed every that I remotely could with it being on a lift. I know its salt water so I tried to get everything. I put it in the water today, and it turned on with a little addition of gas and it turned on and seemed fine. Then starting it the second time I had to give it gas, and it didn’t seem to want to stay at idle at all. I couldn’t start it without giving it gas. So I got it running and it would run fine, the pickup was still great. But if I let to go to an idle it will turn off immediately. If I slowly bring it to an idle it WILL idle but it sounds very rough and vibrates a lot. Any ideas what it could be? Any ideas of what to do? also some times when i turned it on it would say 12v low... also the RPMs at idle are only at 1100-1250..

hopefully some one can help. i'm really worried since its only about 3 weeks old and 6 hours on it.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    start by checking the battery is good and the ski charging it when running, I have had a few where the idle control valve jams shut causing what you have. I usually replace it but others have taken it out and pushed it back in a little then it works fine again.
    Its on the top of the throttle body it has a plug on the top and 2 screws holding it in.

+1
    Check your intercooler hoses and exhaust hose make sure they are on. Did you hose down the engine? Get some XPS lube and spray the engine down with it.

yes we flushed and washed the engine down. it sounds like it would be more to do with the throttle valve than the inter cooler and exhaust. maybe the injectors?

Sounds like a missfire causing it to idle low whick inturn will make the batt light come on. These are known for the hose to come off the supercharger. Check that 1st, it could cause a vacuum problem and cuase the low idle as well as the stalling or miss firing.

These things are pretty tough and it sounds like something simple.

where should i look for the hose that came off?

+1
    Look at where the hose attaches to the throttle body and where it comes off of the intercooler for starters. Then check the hose that comes off of the supercharger and goes to the intercooler. Also, spray some lube on the throttle linkage at the throttle body.

so today i started it to see if it was still broken, and it turned on fine, and idled fine at 1800.... but i turned it off and back on and the idle wasn't working again. this happened yesterday as well... but i looking inside, and i think the throttle body that you guys are talking about is the body that when you pull the throttle the cable runs to it. i didn't see any hoses going to this unit though. am i looking at the wrong thing? i am sorry to be asking all these questions i am new to jetskis and haven't done much work at all with them. thanks if some one can help!

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    if it runs fine above idle then the intercooler and exhaust hoses are fine. Make sure battery is good and connections are tight

above idle is absolutely normal. the hoses look all on and i tighten them just a little to be sure. i am thinking it is battery or, the unit the the throttle is connected to. the throttle body? i have it open right now and i am looking right now. ill check the battery connections and see what i can check in the throttle unit. there seems like there is a motorized small pistons that i took off that goes on the throttle body. seems like a by pass of sort? well there is a white milky liquid in it i dont know if thats normal or not....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information