94 waveraider losing power Carb?

I switched this ski over to premix. I took out and it ran fine until it ingested some seaweed. After I pulled out the weeds it would run at low speed but after about 2000 RPM's it sounded as though there was still weeds in the impeller but it wouldn't go. I rechecked and no issues.

I let it sit for 10 minutes and it ran fine. It sat for about 20 minutes and then it was doing the same thing, ran fine at low speeds and then when you hit the throttle it sounded as though there were weeds again. This time I tried my primer to see if it needed gas, but no difference. Then all of a sudden it ran fine. I ran another hour without issues until I took it to the dock. After sitting for a few minutes until I got the trailer then it did the same again.

I took out today and it ran fine all day, until I came to the dock and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes. Then it did the same thing. This time I was on the trailer and used the primer and it kicked in and ran fine again.

Any ideas what it is? It sounds as though my carbs are off, but how much should I richen the highs? 1/4 turn be enough? I also noticed that at idle if it sits is seems to slowly kill my RPM's and begin to stall. Should I turn in the lows slightly as well?

Thanks for the help.

Anderson, Indiana
    Sounds like you may have a plugged up cooling line. Is your water pisser flowing properly? It's common to partially plug the cooling line which will kick in the rev limiter because it's over heating?

I checked that. It seems to be working fine. It doesn't seem as though the engine is being prevented from turning faster, just no power. I would think if that was the issue then it wouldn't run fine for an extended period and then act up.

One other thing I thought of is the ethanol issue. This was the first tank of the e10 gas I am being forced to burn in it. Could the ethanol be removing deposits and causing some issue after its sat for 10 or 20 minutes?

Nobody having any issues with having to burn ethanol in their two cycles?

Thread Information