Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

09 fxsho or 09 ultra 260x

need help
    looking at purchasing one or the other will be useing the ski for salt water enduro racing and alot of ruff water conditions

can any1 help on which one to buy?
    09 sho or 09 ultra260

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by kawi102 View Post
    need help
    looking at purchasing one or the other will be useing the ski for salt water enduro racing and alot of ruff water conditions

09 sho or 09 ultra260

SHO..................... 260
    ---------------------

Goodness gracious, your asking this on a Yami Thread???
    Pfff!!! SHO of course.

However the Kawa boys said this, "I have just raced an enduro on Saturday with jetworx pulley kit and came 3rd overall in a off shore race,, NO SHOs could come close to the Ultra's.
    With the right rider any Ultra is the ski of the rough water".

Honestly, what ever you feel comfortable with. There's about 2 and a half years of reading here, enjoy.

Oh, and welcome to the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kawi102 View Post
    need help

09 sho or 09 ultra260

09 sho for sure!

Ride both if you can, then make a decision. IMO, stock 260x will beat a SHO. We have many offshore races, and endurance races. We've seen the Ultra Platform to be THE BEST offshore hull on the market! It has proven results that not even the SHO guys can Argue!

It kills the chop, and has a good amount of HP! If the SHO was a great offshore platform, we'd currently see them winning races! However, I've yet to see any SHO's win offshore races. I'm not knocking it, just stating facts. We've seen THE Ultra DOMINATE LB2CAT last year, top 3 honors going to the 250X.

The last MH300 was also dominated by the Ultra 3 of the top 5 were Ultra's, with the green Kawi winning the overall National Championship! Smart money is on the Ultra IMO…But its your decision. Good luck.

I'm aware of several DIE HARD Sea Doo boys with 80MPH race boats that have in the last several months decided to go with a Kawi. Results speak for itself.

the ultra is prob the better offshore craft just be prepared to spend some dollars on repairs and maint they are not as reliable as the yammis however if u plan on any circuit racing go with the FZS/FZR they are Dominating just check out the APBA National Circuit Racing and that the Kawi guys cant even Argue !

+1
    I hate to say it, I've got 2 SHO's but the Ultras are slightly better in the chop. I have to give them credit for that. But they are unstable in idle speed and tip over easily when steering is turned sharp at idle and I agree, they will be more maintenance to keep up. How are the 09's performing with the gas-in-oil problem? With the new rings and pistons, are they doing better?

I was on the river this last weekend and changed skis with a friend of mine who has a 08' RXT. I used to have an RXT and was curious to see how or what I was missing so we exchanged for a short time of riding. I could never go back to that hull again as it was so unpredictable and unstable in the chop. Especially with other skis along side and cross chops coming at you. The waves just picked this RXT up and slid it across from left to right. It felt like I was in washing machine. All in all, I miss the Ultra handling, but honestely, the Yammi quality, performance and dependability far out weighs any plus's the Ultra might have. Just mho.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    I hate to say it, I've got 2 SHO's but the Ultras are slightly better in the chop. I have to give them credit for that. But they are unstable in idle speed and tip over easily when steering is turned sharp at idle and I agree, they will be more maintenance to keep up. How are the 09's performing with the gas-in-oil problem? With the new rings and pistons, are they doing better?
    I really dont want to argue, just state my opinion. I am nearly 300lbs and have no issues at all with idle speed stability or low speed steering. It is no less stable than my neighbors FX HO at low speed and imo more stable and less bouncy at high speeds. Now maybe the HO and SHO are different as far as the handling and ride characteristics, that I can't say but I don't imagine they are.

Also maintenance on a supercharged ski is going to be more than a non, Yamaha or not. The 07 model 250Xs had their fair share of issues, but they have been for the most part taken care of. You do not find much GIO on 08 models let alone 09 models. But one thing I can say, is I have never been shot off my ski due to stuffing issues or anything similar.

I will give ya that the 250X sucks down the fuel like its going out of style. But even after riding my neighbors FX I wouldn't trade them even if theirs was an SHO. Although I will say I am jealous of the seat, its like sitting on a pillow where the 250X seat is harder.

Hi there Gunna, buddie are you going to enter in the Gold Coast spit race on the end of the month. I hear there are going to be a lot of entries and we will see how the yammies go against the 260x in the ocean.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04DarkShadowGT View Post
    I really dont want to argue, just state my opinion. I am nearly 300lbs and have no issues at all with idle speed stability or low speed steering. It is no less stable than my neighbors FX HO at low speed and imo more stable and less bouncy at high speeds. Now maybe the HO and SHO are different as far as the handling and ride characteristics, that I can't say but I don't imagine they are.

Also maintenance on a supercharged ski is going to be more than a non, Yamaha or not. The 07 model 250Xs had their fair share of issues, but they have been for the most part taken care of. You do not find much GIO on 08 models let alone 09 models. But one thing I can say, is I have never been shot off my ski due to stuffing issues or anything similar.

I will give ya that the 250X sucks down the fuel like its going out of style. But even after riding my neighbors FX I wouldn't trade them even if theirs was an SHO. Although I will say I am jealous of the seat, its like sitting on a pillow where the 250X seat is harder.
    That's funny, I know quite a few peeps who have encountered the tipping over at idle when the steering is turned all the way to one side..you have to be leaning just a little and it will take you off gaurd. You just learn to counter the lean when turning like this, but yes, it is not a figment of anyones imagination. It happens. And my SHO's do not have the stuffing issue...I was comparing SHO's not FZR's! Both the ShO and the Ultra are scr's...i was just saying that having had all three brands I have found that Yammi overall will be less maintanence..that was just mho.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information