freedom charging

What colour wire supposed to come from stator with Acv power?
    is it yellow?
    freedom is 02 model and it won't charge.
    In Yellow wire i measured constant 12.? DCV same as battery, and when engine is running there is allso ACV power on it.
    About 30 ACV in idle and about 100 ACV in full trothle.
    Is that ACV from charger coil?

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Do you now have an LR-505 regulator, as was discussed in this thread?

The charging system in the Polaris is unusual, and is different from a car or truck alternator.

The charging coil in the magneto stator is directly connected to battery power (Red/Purple) at one side, and the other side (Yellow) is connected to the LR voltage regulator module. The LR module is a half wave rectifier and voltage regulator combined.

When the engine is running, the LR module rectifies the AC voltage to half wave DC voltage, and limits the current flow through the rectifier as a method of controlling the battery charging voltage (also Red/Purple).

Without the LR module in place, the AC voltage can be very high.

No i don't have that lr module.
    Can i get it charging right if i put rectifier and voltage regulator to yellow wire and from there to battery?
    Now that yellow wire isn't connected anywhere.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarisgo View Post
    ...Can i get it charging right if i put rectifier and voltage regulator to yellow wire and from there to battery?

Now that yellow wire isn't connected anywhere.
    No, you can not use a different type of regulator.

The other side of the charging coil is already directly connected to the battery (Red/Purple).

why i can't use different regulator?
    doesen't that red/purple wire supposed to be connected straight to battery if yes, does it load battery via that wire? If yes, supposed that wire go thru rectifier and regulator allso in normal install? or does it go straight to battery?

If i put rectifier to that yellow wire it will make ACV to DCV and then i put regulator what limits that volts so it won't boil the battery and from regulator i take wire to battery, so then it will charge battery....Why it won't work...What i'm missing or don't understand.

Somehow i need to get it work without that lr module =)

+1
    why i can't use different regulator?

doesn't that red/purple wire supposed to be connected straight to battery if yes, does it load battery via that wire? If yes, supposed that wire go thru rectifier and regulator allso in normal install?
    or does it go straight to battery?
    The Red/Purple from the stator coil is directly connected to the battery positive voltage.

If i put rectifier to that yellow wire it will make ACV to DCV and then i put regulator what limits that volts so it won't boil the battery and from regulator i take wire to battery, so then it will charge battery....Why it won't work...What i'm missing or don't understand.

Somehow i need to get it work without that lr module =)
    Electricity doesn't work like that.

In the Polaris charging system, the LR module connects the rectifier to ground, not to the battery. This is the important issue.

What non-Polaris regulator are you going to use that is compatible with the Polaris charging system?

i tried it with rectifier and i get dcv from it,but when i connect wire to battery and measured battery voltage when engine was running voltage didn't raise.
    from rectifier i get about 15v and battery was 12.3 but battery woltage won't raise when i start engine, not at least instantly. how that can be possible?
    i don't have genuine battery on it, it have normal 12v 60A car battery, can it do something? like stator charging is not measured with that big battery or what the fuck.
    i only tried it without water so engine didn't run longer than 10-15 sec.
    i might have take it to water so i can run longer.

and what you mean by this:
    In the Polaris charging system, the LR module connects the rectifier to ground, not to the battery

in that rectifier what i have had only ac in and dc out

+1
    i tried it with rectifier and i get dcv from it,but when i connect wire to battery and measured battery voltage when engine was running voltage didn't raise.

...i don't have genuine battery on it, it have normal 12v 60A car battery...

and what you mean by this:
    In the Polaris charging system, the LR module connects the rectifier to ground, not to the battery

in that rectifier what i have had only ac in and dc out
    Please install a proper PWC battery, and buy a Polaris LR module.

Attached is a simplified drawing of the Polaris charging system. The LR module modulates the current flowing through the internal rectifier diode to ground.

The LR module is connected to battery positive (Red/Purple wire) only so it can monitor the charging voltage. The charging current does not flow through the LR module's Red/Purple wire. Charging current flows through the Yellow wire to ground through the LR module.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LR voltage regulator - simplified functional drawing.JPG 
Views:	184 
Size:	20.0 KB 
ID:	137183  

Thread Information