Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rxt-is p1658

Rxt-is p1658

Hi,

Now it is gone,

But when playing with the RXT-IS function in the garage (motor was not running of course), I saw error code P1658...

Where can I now the meaning of this?

Thanx

+1

P1658

I got this post from JasonZE on PWCToday:
    "that code is for the dess post and wiring is your dess key one of the new oval shaped float keys or the old round yellow key as there were issues with people using the old style key. also did you try the learners key? "

From his post and one from Jason I tried the keys again My post back to jason:
    "I have the oval float keys and I had tried both keys. After reading yours and a post from jkflow on greenhulk I went out and tried the keys again. It's as jkflow said: if you put the key in even a little crooked you get the long beep and no start. If you carefully hold the and push it straigh on it works. I repeated this several times. It looks like the center button contact could have been a little larger."
    Thanks for your help. Ed.

+1

P1658

I finally got my ski in the water. It startd OK but only when the key is pushed on exactly parallel to the post. If at even the slightest angle I get 1 long beep, P1658 and no start.
    I only got out for 30 minutes due to thunderstorms moving it. The RXT-X260 handled very well. turned great, very little bow splash. Can't wait to be able to open it up.

My ski is at the dealer right now for the p1658 again. They said they would call BRP to see... If I put the key like you said, the code appear and it wont start... Not funny when you have to do something fast on water... I will post some infos here when I get some news!

Full Throttle or Broke!!! UNSANE's Avatar
    +1
    I get that error every once in a while. The DESS seems to be a little temperamental. Once I get a clean hookup, the error code disappears.

The p1658 error is the DESS key.. All you need to do is to plug in the key firmly and straight.
    Because a minor angle can cause the error.
    The contact on the ski is so small, that's why if you not plug it correctly it will give the fault code again

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspd96 View Post
    My ski is at the dealer right now for the p1658 again. They said they would call BRP to see... If I put the key like you said, the code appear and it wont start... Not funny when you have to do something fast on water... I will post some infos here when I get some news!
    just out of curiosity did you hear back from your dealer yet? I just bought the same ski and I work for a dealer...there is actually a recall on mine for the DESS keys and the cluster

No, nothing from them yet... I will call them tommorow if I've got 5 minutes off to tell them to look at the recall! Thanx man

They upgraded the software again and same problem. Now, they will try a new 2011 (or maybe a 2010, I told the guy 2011 skis were not out yet!!!) key thursday... More to come!!!

They did not see any recall on the DESS key.. I've got a canadian ski...

Thanx

+1

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaspd96 View Post
    They upgraded the software again and same problem. Now, they will try a new 2011 (or maybe a 2010, I told the guy 2011 skis were not out yet!!!) key thursday... More to come!!!

They did not see any recall on the DESS key.. I've got a canadian ski...

Thanx
    No offense but the problem is purely operator related. Every new iS owner has this learning curve. Practice how to install the key. It's a little different than the 'normal' Doo's but really no big deal. You won't see a change between model years or RXT/GTX iS.
    I agree this shouldn't be as sensitive as it is but if you follow the manual and get the right touch it automatically becomes a non-issue. No need to bug anyone for the 1658 code, it simply states that you didn't install it right, which is self evident by the long beep.
    In other words, your ski is fine, it reports errors correctly, now take 5 min to learn how to install the key and you will have a great time.
    If you still have issues after this litlle practice session than it's time to bug the dealer. I usually get it right 9 times out of 10 and it takes a split second to remove/re-install.
    Make sure the key has no debris inside and push it on firm and straight, start engine and hold on...and no..the iS models are still not limited by GPS...but that rumor will be impossible to kill.
    Once you have it broken in you should be at 69 on the onboard speedo and 68'ish on any handheld GPS.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information