Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: 04 or 05 RXP's

  1. #1

    04 or 05 RXP's

    Is there anything wrong with these years of the RXP's?

    I found a 04 in my area with 55 hours for 5000.00 with a trailer. I have also found several 05's for 6000.00.

    I was just curious if they have had any problems compared with the newer RXP's, is there anything different with them other than the color?


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkRider View Post
    Is there anything wrong with these years of the RXP's?

    I found a 04 in my area with 55 hours for 5000.00 with a trailer. I have also found several 05's for 6000.00.

    I was just curious if they have had any problems compared with the newer RXP's, is there anything different with them other than the color?
    Welcome to GH Ozarkrider!!!!!

    Other than the ceramic SC clutch issue,which is the case on all RXPs 04 to 07..There isnt much..The 04s had a delamination issue and IF im not mistaking needed a Knock sencor update..The 05s i havent heard much problems with..Other than that they are great machines...

    Other members will chime in and give more info soon...

  3. #3
    Didn't the '04's have weak valves? And were prone to dropping valves? Thought it was something with the cam, can't remember though. Think these issues even happened with the stock ECU.

  4. #4
    Ok thanks guys. I found the 05 seadoo in chicago. It comes with a pretty cool 91SI and a double trailer for just 7000.00. Depending on how many hours the RXP has I may jump on it.

  5. #5
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Correct Rex..They would rust at the stem over time if not winterized corectly..

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by OzarkRider View Post
    Ok thanks guys. I found the 05 seadoo in chicago. It comes with a pretty cool 91SI and a double trailer for just 7000.00. Depending on how many hours the RXP has I may jump on it.
    Pull the hose off the supercharger. Stick your finger in the SC and try to turn it. If it spins freely step away from the ski!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by RXP-REX View Post
    Pull the hose off the supercharger. Stick your finger in the SC and try to turn it. If it spins freely step away from the ski!
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/sox/boa/1213688307.html

    Here is the deal.

    So when I spin it, it should have a tighter feeling? This would be my first SC ski. I've been riding a 03 GPR since 04 lol

  8. #8
    It shouldn't spin at all.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    The things to look out for are hull delam, SC clutch washers, and broken valves. The hull delam and clutch washers are common to all RXP's, but they did improve the washers on the X models. The broken valves seem more common on the 04 and 05's.

  10. #10
    Dave Sharp dav_dman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    louisville Ky/so. IN
    Posts
    1,453
    +1
    1
    replace flywheel bolts with the kit

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. WTB - Parts 04 or 05 shape rxp gauges.
    By spannerspencer in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2013, 08:22 AM
  2. WTB 04 or 05 RXP or RXT ecm
    By slydogge in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-07-2012, 11:41 AM
  3. WTB 04 or 05 rxp cluster
    By rxtmike in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2010, 01:23 AM
  4. WANTED: 04 or 05 RXP RXT 215HP STOCK ECU
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-30-2009, 06:43 PM
  5. 04' or 05' Pump?
    By PHISH in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-30-2007, 12:14 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •