Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
  1. #1
    txgp1300r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Dallas , Texas
    Posts
    3,381
    +1
    165

    Who Broke What ?

    Half the fun is fixing stuff when you blow it up, so who broke what ?
    speediva blew out her s.s. muffler ( got it fixed at a local weld shop)
    clgpr seized #3 (at 80+)
    meirvin blown motor ( dropped valve ?)


  2. #2
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    Well I had a Split cooling hose on the engine side of my Conversion cooling. It over heated and I shut it down after a all day ride. It was towed in and I fixed it that night to have a Dess post issue. Figures. But She ran great all day friday and I learned so much about my GPR hull from the Yami boys. Dam they love that hull. Had a blast!

  3. #3
    The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Odessa, TX
    Posts
    5,364
    Ok I have no idea what I broke. Here is what all I checked and it wasn't
    Battery
    Unplugged gauges
    Rocker arms
    Compression
    Injectors
    #2 coil

  4. #4
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    Ok I have no idea what I broke. Here is what all I checked and it wasn't
    Battery
    Unplugged gauges
    Rocker arms
    Compression
    Injectors
    #2 coil
    Yea, Bro, When you passed me you sounded as if you were on two cylinders.
    Almost like it was on the learning Key? Maybe check there also.
    Air, Fuel, ign. !


    .

  5. #5
    Tundra_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gulfport, MS
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Well I had a Split cooling hose on the engine side of my Conversion cooling. It over heated and I shut it down after a all day ride. It was towed in and I fixed it that night to have a Dess post issue. Figures. But She ran great all day friday and I learned so much about my GPR hull from the Yami boys. Dam they love that hull. Had a blast!
    I'll bring my longer rope again next year.

    so you did figure out the overheat issue?

  6. #6
    Water4fire's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    New Braunfels TX.
    Posts
    10,062
    +1
    790
    Quote Originally Posted by Tundra_Jim View Post
    I'll bring my longer rope again next year.

    so you did figure out the overheat issue?
    Yes, Sir, I sure did, It split down the underside of the intake cooling line for the motor. You couldn't see it, but could feel it when you grabbed the hose and the water leaked out the bottom. Thanks for the pliers aswell. That is something I over looked until you said so~!

  7. #7
    Tundra_Jim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Gulfport, MS
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Water4fire View Post
    Yes, Sir, I sure did, It split down the underside of the intake cooling line for the motor. You couldn't see it, but could feel it when you grabbed the hose and the water leaked out the bottom. Thanks for the pliers aswell. That is something I over looked until you said so~!
    Not a problem. Glad you got it figured out.

  8. #8
    MR. SCOVILLE UNIT SUCKMYWAKE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    ASTON, PENNSYLVANIA
    Posts
    2,836
    +1
    8
    addicted split the driveshaft thru hose on the conversion and it almost sank. took about 3 hours total to get in and fix it including the run to the parts store in morgan city. then meeper got a high temp warning and a miss at idle . then the blown coolant into the hull. but he was a trooper and rode it regardless. he will tear into it at home

  9. #9
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    I had this hose let go during a long ride. Made it back safe and sound just had to ride with the seat off (ears still hurting a bit).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	freeflowtube.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	2.08 MB 
ID:	137538  

  10. #10
    Ya Boy Trevor bajaeater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tampa
    Posts
    1,083
    +1
    19
    when was i not working on my ski?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Broken rocker arm and who knows what else
    By icdoo in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 08:53 PM
  2. who got what go fast parts for xmas
    By breon in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-03-2010, 10:54 AM
  3. who got what go fast parts for xmas
    By breon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 12-26-2009, 09:58 AM
  4. so who got what for xmas...
    By breon in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-25-2009, 09:09 PM
  5. O.K. Who Knows What It Is??
    By ph2ocraft in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-26-2007, 07:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •