Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

+1

New member...need some opinions

hello all...new member here. I'm asking for some of you folk's opinions concerning which ski I should look into. Right now I have an '05 Seadoo wake and I want to add another a ski in the next week or so.
    I'm really only looking at Kawis at this point.
    In the past I only rode the lakes . Then I hit the Gulf!! that is where I will be most of the time now. I have found (these are all new) '07 & '08 Ultra 250,'08 Ultra LX and '09 15F's.
    What should I be looking to pay for these skis with a double trailer and what would be the best ski for the Gulf, top speed is nice but I like torque.
    My Doo only hits 50'ish on the dreamometer,(I'm 275 btw).
    I think the hull on the Ultra's lends itself better for the Gulf....any opinions on that?

Thanks in advance.

+1
    going with the Ultra LX

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    going with the Ultra LX

+1
    waiting on the dealer to get the LX's in

Quote Originally Posted by gators8 View Post
    waiting on the dealer to get the LX's in
    Great choice! Better gas mileage, can use 87 octane, no sc so should be more reliable with same great hull. Ton of room in engine compartment for 2nd battery, bilges, etc. I wish more LX owners shared their experiences. Id like to know the real difference in hole shot, top end, mileage and reliability, LX vs X.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue 182 View Post
    Great choice! Better gas mileage, can use 87 octane, no sc so should be more reliable with same great hull. Ton of room in engine compartment for 2nd battery, bilges, etc. I wish more LX owners shared their experiences. Id like to know the real difference in hole shot, top end, mileage and reliability, LX vs X.
    Thats my thinking, I haven't riden a sc'd ski so I'm not missing anything yet..lol
    Compared to my seadoo 155 hp Wake, I'm guessing my speeds will be similar, what do you think?

+1
    Not sure your gaining much going from your 4-tec to an Ultra LX. Mabe a little better rough water handling, but about the same HP. Whatever you do, don't ride the supercharged version cause you won't want to ride your's anymore. You already have the big easy riding three seater to ride if you just want to cruise. Why not add the 250x to the mix instead of more of the same. I have the 155hp 4-tec limited I ride when pulling the kids on the tube or just going for a cruise around the lake, and sitting next to it is my 15F with the Riva RPM kit for when i want to hall a$$ and burn around the lake. I would ride both before buying, that way you'll have no regrets later.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by robk View Post
    Not sure your gaining much going from your 4-tec to an Ultra LX. Mabe a little better rough water handling, but about the same HP. Whatever you do, don't ride the supercharged version cause you won't want to ride your's anymore. You already have the big easy riding three seater to ride if you just want to cruise. Why not add the 250x to the mix instead of more of the same. I have the 155hp 4-tec limited I ride when pulling the kids on the tube or just going for a cruise around the lake, and sitting next to it is my 15F with the Riva RPM kit for when i want to hall a$$ and burn around the lake. I would ride both before buying, that way you'll have no regrets later.
    yeah, I figured I wouldn't gain anything speedwise. I would love to have a 250/260X, but the whole supercharged deal kinda scares me away, maintenance -wise that is, Iv'e heard too many horror stories about the problems with them. I want to ride not be at the shop all the time. If you can convince me not to be so leary about it, go ahead...i'm listening...wink-wink

+1
    I wish I could, but as I stated, i have the 4-tec limited 155 HP and a 15f. Same reason as you. I'm also not sure about the superchargers but I'm also reluctant to recomend the best ski I've ever owned (15F) because of the conditions you will be riding in. I have ridden the 250x and I liked it alot, but since I ride in local lakes all the time I couldn't justify the extra cost of the 250x over the 15F.

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1
    The 250x is a great ski for the ocean. Draw backs are poor mileage, lots of oil changes, and lotsa spark plug changes. The plugs are the irridium (sic?)tipped ones that cost 15.00 each. It works well in the ocean because of the hull shape and the weight/power.
    The 15f is a great ski.
    The ultra lx is a great ski also. It gives you the same hull as the 250, for the ocean, but doesn't weigh as much, and 60% the power. So you lose some of the ocean edge.
    If your looking to just have good reliable fun, for an arm, go with the 15 or the ultra. If your looking for the ultimate experience as far as riding on the blue briny, a bit more maintenance, for an arm and a leg, go for the 250X.
    Just my opinion.
    But do get a Kwa. Good product. I really like my 12f.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information