GTX-SC Battery/Charging Question

Well I had the battery out of one of my GTX's for a charge and reinstalled it and it started the ski just fine. Then out of nowhere our other GTX won't start. So I took a pair of jumper cables and jumped the other GTX and it started right up. My question is...if I were to jump it and then ride it around for a while, will the battery charge enough to start the ski? My charger was left at the lake house (1.5 hrs away) and the skis are here at the house.

+1
    You shouldn't have a problem, the ski should charge the battery, assuming everything is working the way it should. Just keep the skis on the battery tender while you're away, especially if it is for a good amount of time.

Also, becareful when using jumper cables. Never jump a ski from a running car.

State of Confusion BartenderSmalley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallus View Post
    Well I had the battery out of one of my GTX's for a charge and reinstalled it and it started the ski just fine. Then out of nowhere our other GTX won't start. So I took a pair of jumper cables and jumped the other GTX and it started right up. My question is...if I were to jump it and then ride it around for a while, will the battery charge enough to start the ski? My charger was left at the lake house (1.5 hrs away) and the skis are here at the house.
    I will TRY to find the thread I started last year on this very same topic...but hear is what I remember.

The battery AT REST (motor off) will put out roughly 11.5 volts (or so). When the engine is running...at the battery you should be reading around 12.7 volts...the extra volt is what charges the battery so that it doesn't actually DRAIN the battery. If this isn't happening, then either your STATOR (electrical charging mechanism inside the motor that looks like a large coil) or your...damn...can't remember...something like a regulator or something - it is the ridged piece about the size of a deck of cards that sits near the fuel tank....I will edit this when I figure out what the hell that thing is called. Its purpose is to distribute voltage throughout the ski where it is needed....

here they are - read these two. Talks about low voltage warnings AND about what the voltage should be at the battery and regulator. Point is, if the voltage is low going to the battery than you will constantly run the battery down....
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=voltage

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=voltage

Thread Information